Friday, March 26, 2010

Gratitude

Today, I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for my home, for my cozy bed. For my husband, for my beautiful kids. For my growing business. I realize in the craziness of life, I don't stop in to say thank you enough. I have so much to be thankful for. And yet, I don't feel like I have enough. Isn't that awful?! It is the truth.

Thank you for my eyes that see, for ears that hear. For a body that works. No matter about the flaws. It is time to start focussing in on more joy. More love, more acceptance of who I am, and what I want to accomplish. I want to live a BIG life. Not a little life. Life these days have felt little. So, I have to make changes! BIG changes to realize my dreams and goals. It isn't going to be easy, but I can do it.

I am feeling rather excited these days. I have so much to be grateful for and to.

I am thankful for good friends who stand by me, and support me.

I am thankful to parents who help out when we need help.

I am thankful to a certain cousin who always loves me, talks with me and makes me feel. And thankful for the treats she brings over. So much joy in our conversation!

I am thankful to friends old and new.

I am thankful to many speakers that have inspired me to keep working hard, and to be me. I can only be me. And, to believe in myself.

Thank you to those who love me. I know there are those who don't. I am OK with that. I have decided that I have to be true to me. If you do not like me, that is OK. I accept that. I cannot change who I am. I can only work hard at being better at the things I am not so good at.


I am am also thankful for a particular speaker at my local RR two weeks ago Sylvie Ruegger. Do you know who she is?! Well, in 1984 she ran for Canada in the very first women's marathon in Los Angeles. She ended up in 8th place. She felt she let Canada down by not placing with a gold, silver and bronze. What a HUGE weight to carry around.
I can relate to that feeling of letting people down. Failing. Sylvie's talk about her journey and struggles as an athlete. Her trials and tribulations. Got me all emotional. She stirred up deep feelings that I have been carrying around for a very long time. I actually started welling up with tears, and started quietly sobbing. To the point where I actually had to leave the room! I felt like a total loser breaking down and crying, but hey, it was like she got me, and that was a a good thing.

What I took away from her talk is that is OK to fail. It is OK! Her story was so powerful. She helped me to believe in me again. Never give up on your dreams. Even if the original dream becomes something differently entirely.

I am thankful to you my faithful readers of my blog. Changes are coming! Believe in the opportunities that are all around you. You may not recognize them as opportunity, but they are right there waiting for you. Take that leap and never look back!

This is how I am choosing to live. I choose not to live in fear anymore.





Never Give Up!
- Watch more Videos at Vodpod.

4 comments:

~D said...

You can never call it failure if you truly gave it your best effort...
We are imperfect, we trip and fall. What's important is getting back up, dusting ourselves off, and getting back on track. (That's the Cathy I have come to know!!) Thanks for sharing your thoughts Cathy!

Remember:
*Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars. - Les Brown

LauraC said...

Beautiful post Cathy.
I also don't know why you would ever think you are failing anyone. 6 wonderful kids and a great husband and running and photography? You are DA BOMB (hee hee).

Anonymous said...

Being who you are is soooo much more important than being "liked" by everyone. Not "liking" someone is soooo 'highschool' :) Besides, if someone tells you they don't like you and they are over the age of 16 THEY have some serious issues of the psychological kind! Everyone should just 'be happy'

Alyson said...

that's the guy from the 'butterfly Circus'. An Amazing film on the internet.
glad you are feeling great.