Thursday, October 01, 2009

Fall is in the Air

OK, every child has a photo like this right? Courtney enjoying her pasta dinner. Actually is the one meal that EVERYBODY in the whole family enjoys and is easy to make. The benefit sitting down and talking about our busy days with everybody. We go around the table and ask what the best part of the day was, and the worst part of the day. Keeping those lines of communication open. And staying in touch with the kids. We look forward to this part of our day. When we can all be together. And, we are totally out-growing our tables/benches. Time to get a new table I think! We barely fit!



Catie's first day of Kindergarten (same day she turned 5!)







Find your name Catie! (Can you see her little wee hand?)


A couple of sisters...Catie 5 and Caroline 3. (and Julep the monkey)



Wow, October 1st and time is flying by. We had a good start with September and all of the kids going back to school. And one, starting Kindergarten. Catie had a bit of a rough start. She was a bit nervous, but she is doing well now! I am happy for her.



My days are quiet with 2 or 3 in the house. I am enjoying that time. It is way easier to keep up with my workload that comes with having six kids!


I just got back on Sunday from a week long holiday to California. One part wedding photography workshop with Jessica Claire (a wedding photographer that I just look up to and love!) who is rated in the top 10 ten in the World! I had been saving up so that we could go together. One more dream realized for Cliff and I!
Second part fun fun fun! That fun happened in Disneyland for three days! Thank you to my Mom in Law who took a week off work to care for the kids. And thank you to my parentals who took the kids out a couple of times to give my Mom in Law a break. It was a much needed break, and time alone to be just "Cathy and Cliff" instead of "Mom and Dad" it was time to have that after no trips or flying since our honeymoon in 1998. I really loved being away, as I just love California and really think I should be a California girl. Come on Cliff, get a job at Disneyland! Oooh the perks LOL.



As for running...and all of that good stuff. Well, I am not running. I am still experiencing hip pain on a daily basis. I walk a lot these days with school drop offs and pick ups. But that is only a measly 3 kms a day. Not enough for my liking! I have put back on a lot of my weight, which really bums me out. So, in true form I am embracing the me that I am today. I bought some new clothes and just saying OK, this is me. Deal with it :D

I have a birthday coming up, and that means my Dad and my little sis get one year older as well. I love sharing my birthday with them both. And of course, once our birthdays are done. That means Thanksgiving dinner! This year the WHOLE family gets together at my Grannie's house. I look forward to doing this, and catching up with the family. Apparently it was 5 years ago since we did this. Catie was weeks old! So, yay!

I love family get-togethers! So much love in the room! It is wonderful. It also means tummy rubs to both of my sisters. Both expecting babies! One due in December, and one due in April!
So exciting!

That means that my little Coco will be celebrating her second birthday next month. I'd better start planning! It is so fun to watch her grow up! She is fun and is full of energy! The sad part. No more babies in our house. That still makes me sad! Get over it right!

Life moves on, and I am thankful and blessed. I have a happy life. A great and supportive husband and six very happy and healthy kids.
Life is good.

[pictures of Disneyland and my vacation to follow on a separate post--and all the kids got from California were stupid t-shirts, some Mickey Mouse suckers and some taffy and they were HAPPY!]

Happy Fall! I hope you do not grow webbed feet in all this rain!

I know I am California Dreamin...I cannot wait to go back with all the kids!


Cathy xo























1 comment:

Allyson said...

October already, isn't it amazing! And don't forget, Miss Abby turns 3, just after your's, and dad's and Amy's Birthday too! October is truly a month of giving Thanks for all that we have, all that we are able to do. I am thankful!