- Worried about Y2K, survived.
- Went from one to six kids; experienced five pregnancies this decade
- Suffered one miscarriage
- Breastfed for almost six years of this decade!
- Lost a gallbladder
- Lost my Pappa
- Lost my Opa
- Lost a Father-in-Law
- Celebrated many first birthdays, and more.
- Becoming a real Aunty, and then again!
- Moved six times
- Tried out many different jobs, Pampered Chef, babysitting, belly casting. Interior Decorating.
- Found a job (or found my passion) in Photography!
- Started running in the middle of the decade:
- 5 km
- 10 km
- 21.1 km
- 32 km
- Put on the weight, took off the weight. Put on the weight.
- Was on TV a couple of times.
- Took a holiday to California. First plane ride since my early 20's.
- Lost friendships, gained new friendships.
- Changed MANY diapers for the past 10+ years straight!
- Leaving this decade wishing for a Wii (for the fitness, and for the new dance one!) Looks like fun!
- From a car, to a mini van, to a car. To another mini van, to another mini van to a 12 passenger van!
All in all, it is hard to believe just how fast 10 years goes by. If you were following my facebook status line today, you would had a bit more insight into the decade, and what is ahead for this family of eight!
All I know, is that next year will be the final year (or less) of diapers! So, by 2020. Almost a decade free of diapers, and I will have a 20 year old, 18 year old, 17 year old. 15 year old, 13 year old and a 12 year old. Cliff and I will be getting ready to celebrate our 23rd anniversary that will arrive May 9 the following year! Crazy!
Happy New Year! All the best!