Friday, April 09, 2010

Friday!

Whoa, where did March go? How did April get here so fast! Whirlwind of activity around our place lately. More on that next week.

I hardly have the time to think! Today, I told my Mom I was hadn't seen her since Thanksgiving. However, I meant Easter. Thanks for correcting me today Mom. And, thank you for giving us the bags of sliced oranges and apples for our drive home. That was a nice treat for us all. Those little things sure keep me going these days!

We had the whole family over for Easter dinner last weekend. Full turkey dinner, and a ham. And a birthday cake. And some lemon meringue pie. And wine. And coffee, and strong tea. Right April?!

We also sang happy birthday to my sister April, and my Mom. Their birthday's are two days apart. (April baked her own cake poor sis LOL--p.s. she said she would bring it or else I would have had one there!!) And, I got to see my sister Amy's beautiful belly. Her first baby! She is due April 13th and we are all patiently waiting! As are her and Tyler (and K!) So exciting!

It was was wonderful. All 15 of us squished around two tables in our dining room. That was a record for the most people to dinner in one place in our home. Lots of great memories that is for sure. I am looking forward to making new memories too!

Lately, I am falling asleep on the sofa. Waking up at 3 and crawling up to bed. My mega eye twitch is back with a vengeance. Dog tired. Only to listen to my husband snore in my ear. I am just thankful for all he does for us in our family. I know he is tired because he really works two jobs. His day job, and his responsibilities as a family man. I am truly blessed with an amazing husband! Thank you dear Cliff. Seriously, people always ask how I do it. His name is always at the top of that answer! I always say I couldn't do it without his love and support.

This morning was a morning of hell really. I had a very difficult morning getting the kids off to school. So, I let them go on their own. They did fine. I followed them just to make sure they made it. And, of course they did.

I made it up to the kids by picking up McDonald's for us for lunch. Mother of the year right here! LOL.

Happy Friday!

P.S. The items that have been placed around our home are still standing and are NOT being touched. We have turned a corner. Next milestone to meet, good bye diapers forever. Working on this one! Woot!

No comments: