Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Crazy Eights!


So, was that last post good or what?! April Fools Day, the perfect day to announce our latest and greatest pregnancy of baby number 6! I have really been enjoying all of the reactions! Katie's, and of course the phone call from my cousin Andrea! Priceless!


I have had some time to let this news sink in myself. This pregnancy was not planned, but obviously *somebody* had different plans for our family. So, yes. The news is TRUE, a new baby is on the way. I am unsure of the due date. I would venture to say it will be November 26th, but I think it should be more like December 1st or 2nd. I will let the doctor decide that though!! I have a 1st prenatal appointment on Monday, April 16th. I am sure my doctor will be happy about this pregnancy.


I told my sis April first, because I had to tell her. I was to look after little Abby when April was going back to work. I was so excited to have them moving out this way, and having the opportunity to watch my niece. And then, when I got this news, I had to call them (with regret and sadness) I had to call and tell them of our surprise little bundle. That was a hard conversation to hold with them. But, it's a baby...and now our family is expanding. I know my limits, and I would have started watching her in my last trimester, and then through the newborn stage. I know my limits, and I would have done it, but I want to be fair to Abby too.


Then, I had to tell my parents. I called my Mom at work, and then she told my Dad. I called my other sis Amy and let her know. Then, we told my in-laws on the weekend. We then told the kids who are the most EXCITED! They all of course want a brother! Wouldn't that be something.


Then, I told Cliff I would post it on my blog on April Fools. This is not the "typical" Cathy announcement. Thus, the varied reactions of my readers! So much fun. I don't even know if my whole family knows yet. I know there will be mixed reactions.


But, I am given another chance to become a Mom again. What a blessing! Another little life in our family! Who would of thought! So, yes...we will be family of 8! I would have never ever wanted or thought about wanting a large family when I was growing up. I thought I would have 2 or 3 kids. So, even I am surprised. I love how my Mom calls us the CRAZY 8's! And that works for me.


And for those who are curious about how this happened: Let me just say they are right when the experts say it only takes one time. And that is all I will say. Cliff and I were avoiding each other, and then we didn't! And so, the making of baby number 6! Cliff was just waiting to go for his big surgery lol. Next month. You make plans, and God laughs!!


So, now begins a new journey for our family! We will not find out what we are having either! We will be surprised when we meet this new little one!






4 comments:

Yvonne said...

That's how Karina came about too .... **sigh** just once! but she is precious! Here's hoping you have a healthy, happy and "uneventful" pregnancy!

Olena said...

Let me just say, you are not alone...

I will love your new pregnancy blog and will read it daily, lol.

AmberW said...

Oh Cathy I am just sooooo excited!! I bet you will get many more phone calls like mine..."Are...you....feraking....kidding me?!?!?!?!" In a great, exciting and happy way though!! I am so happy for you Cath and Cliff:)

cathy said...

Yvonne: Thank you!!

Olena: Are you saying you are pregnant again?!?!?!?!??! Do tell, do tell!!!

Amber: Thank you!!