Monday, March 30, 2009

Letting go...

It is time for me to let go. Time for me to sort through the closets, and collect up the baby gear, big ticket items, and other items. It hurts to see the baby items in the closet. I have been holding onto these items in hopes that my family can use them. But, really I have to let them go. I am going to wait until my cousin has her baby in June to see whether she has a boy or a girl. Once I know, I am letting go. I will of course offer the items to my family and friends, but I will not hold onto them any longer than necessary. 

It has to be done. Just like the breastfeeding is done? I will do a post on that later...

I think in order for me to move on, and watch the kids grow and become little people etc. I have to let the baby stuff go. Every time I open up their closet, I feel these feeling like should we have a 7th. Other people are having babies at my age. Have we made the right decision? Of course we have made the right decision. I have my body pretty much back and then some, (some parts not so much, but hey I have worked as hard as I COULD) and soon, very soon I would think Caroline will be out of her diapers. Her third birthday is just around the corner. I have my fourth entering Kindergarten. And Courtney, assists me when I get her dressed. She listens to simple requests and does them. She is growing up, and is fun. And it is really nice not to have a crying baby around me, or sitting around breastfeeding watching life happen as I sit on the couch and feel frustrated.  In fact I can now look at babies and say, aaahhh cute. And that is enough. Funny how that happens. 

My family has been really interesting with my growing children. Usually at this stage of the game I would be almost due with the next child. This time, nope. But we are finding interesting ways to fill our extra time now. 

 I don't ache as much anymore. I am excited to watch the kids grow.

Yesterday, a family trip to the pool. With help...lots of help! Six adults, and eight kids. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun. Lots to look forward too. 


3 comments:

Alyson said...

I love to get rid of stuff. I just can't stand trying to figure out what to do with it all. perils of not having an attic/basement or closets to store stuff in this old house.
By the way..the syrop became rock hard!! I guess I did it wrong. I should have poured it into candy moulds!!

Yvonne said...

Ah Cathy letting go. Don't I know it. Last week the first of our baby furniture went out the door. I've already shipped out the baby clothes. In one way it feels so good to clean it up and get it out but in others it hurts ... so sad. I think that could be another part of the hurt I felt when the lady asked me "how far along I was" ... I will never be!

So know that you are not alone! SOOO much to look forward to!!

LauraC said...

Cathy, I find this post very interesting because I could not get the baby stuff out of our house fast enough! I didn't feel the slightest bit sad, actually excited to move on to the next stage. Are you really ready to be done?? After this post, I wonder...