Friday, March 09, 2007

Dancing Naked!

Today, I Cathy aka MurrayvilleMom did just that!

I danced naked!

Not for anybody, or in front of anybody. But, I heard (Get Down Tonight - KC and the Sunshine Band) ONE of my FAVOURITE songs playing on the clock radio. I turned it up loud! And in that moment I just decided I would dance for a few minutes and watch myself in the mirror. FULL ON NAKED. I chose to myself for who I am today! Well let me tell you, those few moments were so much fun, and the few moments turned into almost the whole song! I was getting my groove on in my bedroom naked. Smiling and laughing at myself! Door was closed. Alarm clock radio on full blast! I was swinging my arms, dipping and loving every moment of it!

Now, I know you are all laughing at me, but do you have the guts to do that? Or perhaps you do dance naked in front of your mirror! (What you do in your spare time is not up to me lol.) But, I would highly suggest you try this!

But who really talks about that right.

Well I am.

I am on a quest to love my body NO matter what size, shape or form. So, I danced. Naked. Why should I not dance just because I don't think that I should do that because I am not at my IDEAL weight or look. I decided I would dance, and watch and see the good parts, and the bad parts. I realized I still can have fun and live my life even if I am not at my goal weight.

It made me feel good, I watched everything jiggle, jaggle and waddle. My arms kept dancing after I stopped as did my hips, stomach and bum. But, whatever. I have the power to just be me! Just be present in the moment!

That felt so good to me!

Cliff and I used to go out dancing every weekend, and sometimes more! Those were some good times. I may not LOOK the same, but I can still get my groove on!

My mood sure picked up! I took a few moments to myself too!!!

I am so glad that nobody was watching, and the blinds were closed because they would have said "That Cathy chick has gone CRAZY!!" lol

8 comments:

AmberW said...

Oh Cathy - what a great inspiration you are to me. I am learning to love my body as well. I am working on that daily - because at some points the disgust that I felt sort of took over. I am going to have to dance in front of a mirror naket... that's my next mission in life. I will let you know how it goes:)

Carol Kerfoot said...

I saw you.

DokkestulDiscussion said...

"Dance like noone is watching" YOU GO GIRL!

Debbie said...

Oh Cathy! You are THE BEST!!
Yes, we need to love our bodies!
It's the only one we have!!
You are an inspiration!

cathy said...

I am glad that I did not scare you all away with all this naked talk! But, being naked is part of life right! May as well learn to LOVE our bodies! All I know is that my body carried 5 marvelous little babies over the past 8 years! That is the coolest thing my body has or ever will have done for me!

Yvonne said...

ROTFLMAO!!!! YOU GO GIRL!! One question ... where were the kids during this "dance"? Mine would be at the door with some serious questions???

Anonymous said...

Too cool Cathy! Good for you. Hey it can always be worse...did you get hit in the eye with a fly away boob? No? Well that means your body is in great shape! I always think to myself...my babies stretched this tummy and each time it took 9 1/2 months. It's ok to take that long or longer to love your "new" shape. Bet Cliff thinks you're more beautiful now than ever. If you could be better.
Love to you all. Keep groovin'

Unknown said...

Oh Cath the thought of you groovin' in your bedroom puts a big smile on my face. I remember how you used to 'get down!' (and Cliff too)
Next time, leave your blinds OPEN and show your neighbors how it's done. Besides, you're moving so whatever. LOL
Good for you and thanks for sharing!