Friday, March 02, 2007

The Number 5

I think about the number of kids we have a lot. The number 5, our Fab 5. Our 5 kids. That is a lot of kids! I always look at a group of 5, and think...I have that many kids! Sometimes I say to Cliff, why did we have SO many kids? But seriously, who could we give back? Not a one. We love them ALL to much lol.

If you look at TV shows there are many successful TV shows that have 5 kids in it! I can name 3 right now, and I like all of the shows!

For 1, there was Party of Five and that was one of my ALL time favourite shows (well besides 91210 and Melrose Place that is) and then there is still 7th Heaven (well they started out with 5 kids and ended up with 7) and I still LOVE to watch that show every Sunday night. Then, my new favourite, and a favourite of the kids...Hi-5! Such an upbeat group of kids!! Much like my own...I told the kids that they could have their own band too!

I don't know what it is about the number 5.

I guess in decorating, odd numbers look best in groupings. Usually you would group items in 3,5,7 and 9's for greatest impact. So, I guess now in photographs (if I can get all 5 kids in there) the are looking all grouped together nicely! And when all 7 of us get in a photo (which hasn't happened since Caroline's Baptism) we must be grouped together quite nicely!

I couldn't see us any other way!

3 comments:

Allyson said...

5 is our favourite number too for obvious reasons!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

So nice to meet you. I'm pretty partial to the number 5 also. Lovely family!

cathy said...

Mom: LOL...but all in all you have your six pack or your 7th Heaven! Depending on ALL of the grandkids!

Katherine: Thanks for stopping by! You have WONDERFUL family too! I LOVE that photo you put in your Christmas card with all of you!