Friday, March 23, 2007

rain rain go away

Are we sure this is Spring? Are we sure this is Spring Break? I look out the window and I swear it is November. I am so tired of this wet weather. It is so mega depressing to me. The kids are cooped up. I am constantly keeping the kids out of trouble. It is STILL raining!!

Let me sum up my week for you all:
  • Catie getting into every cupboard in sight, eating cereal, sesame seeds, more cereal, cheese and butter
  • Kids climbing on the counters and taking scissors, cutting up my note pad
  • drainage problem in the crawlspace, there for no subject removal YET *fingers crossed* it goes tomorrow
  • shaving cream play
  • chalkboard art
  • writing our names out on paper with pen
  • computer time
  • whiny Caillou videos that drove me nuts (Catie LOVES him)
  • apples dipped in peanut butter
  • cheese shmears of the slipcovers
  • washed all my white slipcovers as they got quite dirty for some reason...maybe because my kids would not stay at the kitchen table!!
  • driving around in the van listening to music to get out of the house
  • throw up in Carly's bed, wash extra set of sheets
  • coughing kids
  • "bored" kids. I thought bored is a state of mind?
  • kids who wouldn't listen
  • not enough computer time to blog lol
  • painting, and more painting
  • eating cheese and cracker packets with the little stick (this is the first time we have EVER bought these for them)
  • Hot chocolates to warm us all up from this rain
  • swing set taken down to get ready for the move
  • 2 visits by the drain tile experts and possibly one more visit to satisfy buyers
  • Got out for only 1 walk in the evening, and went to feed 3 cows grass and carrots
  • eating oatmeal for dinner
  • talked on the phone a lot, making appointments, changing services, adding services, talking to Realtors, talking to my family
  • planning stuff
  • organizing stuff
  • making lists for the big move
  • eating and more eating
  • poopy diapers galore
  • play date today
  • saw Cliff in his work truck
  • danced around and were silly
  • eating more
  • as a family with in laws included we ate 2 flats of Krispy Kreme donuts (thank you Jodi)
  • diaper rash on Caroline (poor baby)

And more poop. In fact, this was my afternoon. Really crappy. Catie took diaper off, Caroline found diaper because Carly left bathroom door open. Poop trail down the bathroom floor, down the hall onto the carpet, then down the other hall. I cleaned it up, did two batches of bleach water to sanitize. The worst part is Caroline got poop all over her hands. That made me bawl. I just lost it then. Poor baby girl. I bathed her, and her hands still smelled. So we dipped her hands in bit of lime juice, and then a bit of vinegar to cut the smell. But, nope she still stinks. We get her down to bed, and then she wakes up crying SOOOO hard because she made a poop and then I had to wash her bum because it was so red and raw.

So, there is a summary of my week. I probably forgot to add some stuff. Like many loads of laundry etc. It has been really busy!

4 comments:

LauraC said...

Cathy, I love the summary. You are always so positive on your blog that it is nice to see what a week is really like... and impressive you stay so positive and do not sound too overwhelmed.

I think you were meant to have 5 kids!

PS Sorry about the poo.

Carol Kerfoot said...

I am here with you....living a parallel life.

Add in there teen neighbours whose Mom is away for spring break equals no sleep all week.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AmberW said...

I just LOVE those sorts of weeks. Did I say love...cause I just have to re-iterate...LOVE/ lol

I didn't know that you guys had an offer on the house - that is so great. I hope everything goes through ASAP. And I really hope that next week is a lot more calm. (Is that wishful thinking?? Perhaps, but it doesn't hurt to try!!)

Yvonne said...

Oh Cathy I feel for you ..... that sucks! I know this probably doesn't help .... but at least you won't forget spring break 2007! It's one for the memory books .... :) You are not alone many people (moms, especially) are not impressed with the abundance of rain and are likely having weeks quite similar to yours! It can only get better from here!