Thursday, July 09, 2009

In our backyard

Right now because it is summer, we have a lot of stuff out there to keep the kids busy and having fun. So this is what we have out there:

  • Swing set/slide combo
  • Mini craft table/snack table.
  • Playhouse (getting there)
  • Three mini tents
  • One sandbox 
  • One trampoline
  • Assortment of bikes and ride toys (like the Little Tykes police car my sister gave Cameron for his first birthday--still kickin'!)
  • Bubbles/blowers
  • And, on really hot days I take out ALL of the ice cubes dump them into a large container and they go to town. This is my cheap and fun idea. Keeps them cool and entertained.
I would have to say this has been one of the best summers yet. We have so much planned for this summer vacation. I cannot wait for some of the fun stuff ahead. I have been enjoying how nicely the kids have all been playing together for the most part. This is the VERY first summer where it has felt like this. Probably because I am not pregnant, not breast feeding and I don't have a newborn around. 




2 comments:

~D said...

WOW! Sounds like our backyard could fit in your backyard!! I can just picture the fun, I wanna come play in it!!
:)
I am so happy to hear you are having a fun summer Cathy - we moms deserve to have fun and play on our "summer vacation" too!

The Hoegler Family said...

I am glad you're enjoying the summer. Our back yard is full of toys too. I love it.

Take care!
Love, Hege