Friday, February 23, 2007

day dreaming

I am so excited now! The countdown to the big move is on! I have been doing a lot of daydreaming and Google searches of the perfect stuff to help decorate and organize our new spaces!

I have been thinking about D2 and 23's room together. That will have a couple of chairs, a floor rug, a table and a bookshelf in their room. They want pink and purple...we will see what we can do there! Keep their bedframes, and their lovely little chandelier! Update the sheets and the bedding! And choose a lovely wall colour! They will have a BIG room!! That is so exciting!! My friend Cynthia is going to help me paint a lovely verse around the room in a fabulous script of some kind! That will be beautiful. The room will have the big girl feel, with a paris loft feel but shabby chic feel! I cannot wait for them to have that!!

And, for Cameron I am excited that he will FINALLY have his own fabulous space and we have great ideas for him! I cut out a room plan from a Martha Stewart Kids magazine when he was a baby, and hopefully we can do it there in his new room!

As for my "baby girls"...well one will still be in a crib, and the other well...she just may be ready to move out of her crib soon! She still loves it, but when she starts toilet training, into a big girl bed she will go! I have the perfect bedding for my babes! (from a former bunk bed try out that failed with the other gals) that is waiting for them! Pinks and reds from IKEA! White furniture! I will indulge in a proper "baby room" and their room is a great size too!

Well, for our room, I am hoping that I will finally earn a KING SIZE bed! We often have night visitors...and wow...I am tired of my bum hanging off the edge of the bed! This has been happening for about 6 years. I want all white bedding, pale walls and hits of black throughout. Think hotel style!! And, I want to make a fabulous padded headboard or a headboard in white made from an old door complete with molding top! Yup. This room will really suit that look!

Time to pass on our bed to our dear son Cameron! He really wants it, and it is a lovely wedding present from my parents!! We want to keep it in the family!

Dining room, well. Our old table will go in there for now, and I have my lovely cousin Andrea who wants it, so as soon as the right table comes a long I will be HAPPY to pass the set over!! I might save up to get a table from Liberty or Pottery Barn! Or, maybe one day my Gran will want to sell me her dining room set! Truthfully that is what my heart desires! A part of history in my dining room! I am in love with it. We will see!

I will also have a den, which is what I have been dreaming about! Not sure what to do in there, but Cliff says that he wants to get me an i mac laptop when we move. Maybe?! That would be great. I have some great ideas! I know I will hang a photo of every child in big black frames with white mat (gallery style) with b&w photos in there! All I know is that now I can organize to my hearts content!! I will have my own SPACE! Yipee!! All I know is that I can lock the doors and be happy in there! This room will be very organized and it will be my HAVEN!!! So stay out!! You will need to know the secret password to get in!

And I am really excited about my laundry room! I am so excited about that! And that I can get organized with the kids school stuff in there! Backpacks, bags etc! Right off of garage!! I will have their mail slots their for mail bags, hooks for their stuff! Yup! It is a dream come true. In there will be my art supplies, kids art supplies, candles, extra paper plates, napkins. Did I mention there is a SINK in there! I have NEVER had this, and boy will it get good use! Plastic cutlery etc, outside games for the kids. Laundry supplies! Ironing board/iron on special rack! And all the cupboard shelves will be labeled! This will be where command hub will be!

There will be a tack board and a black board on the wall! Everything will be where we need it! No more fighting to find places for everything! This will make getting out the door EVEN better! We do that very well now! But this will streamline the process and be less frustrating for ALL of us!

I don't know where to put toys yet, and I am trying to convince my hubby to get a flat screen tv. I don't think it will be hard to twist his arm on that one! He loves going to Best Buy!!

I have even planned out a quiet area for the kids! Right off of the kitchen! We will have game nights in there, and a display coffee table!

Cliff also suggested we do a family hand print in a circle as the family circle, and now that our family is complete we can put all of our prints on paper and add our names and frame it for all our visitors to see! That will be beautiful and I was touched by his suggestion!

I am also going to have a naughty BENCH...that will be in the hallway! I have a feeling I will be needing it lol!

I do know I will find a place to do a "family wall" of photos for all of the kids to see photos of their grandparents and great grandparents wedding photos, their cousins, old photos of them, baby photos etc! I have ALWAYS wanted to do this! That will be exciting!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you must get a king size bed. After having one for a few years, I don't know how we ever slept in a queen size!

AmberW said...

I read through that whole thing with the biggest smile on my face, nodding to my hearts content!! It is going to be wonderful, and you are right - it's going to be ALL yours! I cannot wait to see pictures:)

cathy said...

Amy! I am so glad you popped over! I just love your blog and your style!! So cool and hip! You inspire me already!! Yes, we DEFINATELY need a KING size bed! almost 10 years on the queen is enough!!

Amber! I am so excited, and glad you could catch my excitement in my posting!! I am totally EXCITED! I know it will be hard work, but it will be SOOOO worth it!! I cannot wait to take photos!!

Anonymous said...

Cath; we are so excited for you too! (I could feel the excitement... it was just oozing!)
Thanks for remembering about the table... I look forward to it one day! :-) (You'll be paid!)
Grannie may have to auction off her set as I think a few of the "others" have an interest!
I can't WAIT until you are done with the move and all these things you're talking about. So many good ideas!!! I LOVE your thoughts and ideas and ways. I can't wait to see it all ~ and YOU!
Have a good week. Love you.
Andrea xo