Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday pHew!!

Well, it has been a busy week. I had a bit of a flu for a day or so two nights ago, and was up every hour pretty much on the toilet. Not too much fun. And, in the morning...I awoke after maybe 2 hours of sleep and started my day. No sick days for Mom's. Cliff offered to stay home, but really that wasn't a good option. I survived yesterday but I did not complain. But, when you are a paid "worker" you can take a sick day. I miss that. I miss that a lot. It is hard to pretend to feel good when you don't but I did it anyways. I just think of my FIL and I go, well this will pass for me and I am not that bad off. It really puts things in perspective for me.

As for my week, it has been a good one! Things are moving along with our lives. I see little babies these days and I realize I do NOT have the baby fever I once had. This is HUGE for me. I have been bantering back with Cliff about having a 6th. It felt like now or never kind of thing. But, I am so young still (well sort of these days as a lot of Mom's are just having their first at my age), and I can enjoy a bit of MY and OUR life again! I saw the cutest little baby boy and I thought that he was a sweetie, but I don't want to go backwards again. 5 kids in 7 years, and 6 pregnancies. Lots of diapers and breastfeeding. That is enough! Been there done that! Really this issue has been pressing on my heart for the past 9 months really! And now that my baby is almost 10 months I don't feel that urge...I don't know how I would care for 6, and when would be the right time to bring a baby into the house? And is it fair to the others? It is more of a selfish thought I think. I love babies, but hey! I can enjoy my last baby and the babies that will join our other family members in the future! Right April, Amy, Andrea and Riki?!

It is time for me now...well atleast get the youngest kids out of diapers and onto the toilet!! Get rid of all of the baby stuff. Purging has has been rather exciting!! I see the light at the end of the tunnel now! The cribs, and all of the sleepless nights! Bye Bye!

I am so ready for this. I really, really thought about having a 6th. And, I really feel that my 5 are fabulous. Really they are! As much as a newborn is so sweet, they grow up into toddlers and school age kids that really depend on us. I have to take care of myself too. Kids grow up, and I need to find out what I want to do to prepare for when the kids are out of the house etc!

Time to put my marriage first for awhile. Cliff and I have had our lives on the back burner for almost 8 years...we need to reclaim this for ourselves! Discover again what made our hearts burn with desire! You know, keep the home fires burning as Cliff and I joke about all of the time.

This weekend, well of course there is always a lot to do, a lot to get through. But tomorrow, well my 2nd born girl Claire turns 6 years old. That is really hard to believe!! Today we brought in mini brownies to share with her classmates at school. And tomorrow Cliff and I are going just Claire out for a meal and whatever else she may want to do!! Probably some shopping! I know my Mom has made a cake for her too! That will be so fun for her! Next weekend we take her and her friend Annika (and her Mom) bowling for the afternoon! That will be a blast!

And then, there are the errands to do...yup. Always errands with our large family! My list is quite huge this weekend!

Today, Cameron took a hockey camp through school, and again on Monday and Tuesday! Did you know that my boy can do splits?! I will have to take a photo of him! I think I see a medal winning gymnast in our future! He wants to take gymnastics and continue on with golf lessons in the spring!!

3 comments:

AmberW said...

Happy day before your birthday Claire-Bear:) I am so happy that you are over and done with that baby fever. I am sure it will creep up now and then but you are right, you are so blessed and you have the most amazing little family.

Andy is more and more on the fence (in a good way) about wanting another so that's exciting. I will go and see the dr this week about my tubal reversal. Exciting stuff.

I want to see those pics of Cameron for sure. All the world class goalies in the NHL can do some wicked splits... so maybe that is a sign of what's to come?!

cathy said...

Amber! I think the baby fever will always be there, but on a smaller scale! I have had my GLORY years for the past almost 8 years!! They have been the best, but I know the next 8 years will be SO exciting too!!

I will take photos of Cameron and who knows what the future will bring, but I know it will be bright!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.