Monday, February 26, 2007

the power NEW of undergarments

I wasn't going to blog about underwear and bras, but I was talking to my sis April and she said do it! So here is my post:

Well, I broke down this weekend and took myself for a bra fitting! And I am just like the 80% of women who wear the wrong bra size! Boy, how my body has changed in just about a year! I am one who will spend money on her whole family, before getting something new for myself. But, I said this weekend I am going to treat myself! So I did!

I got a nice bra (for $80.00! *gulp*) and then I purchased 4 pairs of underwear. Really nice ones!! I just have to say, that when Cliff and I went out on Saturday night to the Home Show! I felt like a million bucks! The power of NEW undergarments!

Just because I bought a more expensive (12 dollars a pair) (and VERY flattering on my full figure) instead of my usual 4 pairs of underwear for 12 dollars! I threw out a whole bunch of yuckky ginch! And boy oh boy I feel like a new person! Talk about a mini makeover!!

My *girls* are back up where they should be, and not at my waist anymore (well not that bad, I am exxagerating lol) and I just feel so much better when I look in the mirror (and the hubby didn't seem to mind one bit either!!) *wink wink*

When I am done with my breastfeeding in a couple of months I am going back to that LOVELY place and going to get measured and fit again, as I am sure my chest will change AGAIN. And I am going buy myself a whole new set to welcome my "new life" as a Mom to 5, and NO more!!

So, if you are feeling BLUE, think about what a new bra (and underwear) can do for YOU!!

5 comments:

Carol Kerfoot said...

This is almost creepy. Guess what I did yesterday? Got fitted for a new bra! LOL and this post depicts EXACTLY how I feel! It was the best thing I have EVER done!

AmberW said...

Brilliant! I am secretly holding out hope that I am going to have another - does that mean I shouldn't buy a new bra? No... but of course, like you - if I have an extra $40 laying around, I am buying something for the kids. So you know what? Soon, very soon I am going to go and get properly fitted for a new bra. And dear goodness, I NEED to new undies. I am need to get on that now!

Carol Kerfoot said...

FORGET THE KIDS GET THE BRA FORGET THE KIDS GET THE BRA FORGET THE KIDS GET THE BRA........

Beth said...

I definitely need to do this, Cathy. Somthing I wish I had done was take a picture of "my girls" before pregnancy, during pregnancy and while breastfeeding, and then after. Might be too depressing, though. My how the body changes! Maybe I'll try to fit it in this weekend. If I do, I'll blog about it, too! Thanks!
--Beth

cathy said...

SO? Anybody? Did you get new bras and undies yet?