Saturday, February 17, 2007

My Twisty Stool from Papa

Years ago, when we would go and visit my Grannie and Papa we would spin around like crazy kids on these twisty stools. I don't know how many exactly my grandparents had, but there were certainly enough to go around. Some of us got hurt, and hit our heads on the fireplace, we got very dizzy and silly! But we always had fun with them!

Well, flash forward to today. All of my kids took turns outside twisting on "my stool" my cousin's and I would use.

It was really fun to twist today with Catie on my lap! I sat down, and I lifed her up and her head was on my chest! We giggled and smiled and got dizzy! We went left, and we went left...we went fast and we went slow! I talked to her about Disneyland and the teacup ride that we will go on together in about 5 years! So we can get dizzy like today!

We had a blast...the sad thing now is that my stool that I acquired in my adulthood was thrown out today in the trash. It went in the trash pile by accident.

I shouldn't be attached to a silly old stool with a bum leg, but I was. I am sad that the stool is gone, and now tomorrow will be 4 years since my Papa died.

Wow, how I miss that wonderful Grandfather! He was one awesome guy! He lived to see 3 of my kids, and missed seeing the last two. My how I wish he could see Catie and Caroline! I know how they would have just melted in his soothing arms just like the other three did. I bet he looked down today and laughed right along with us!!

2 comments:

AmberW said...

It's so hard to let go of those things. When we were little we always played Hungry Hippo at my grandparents. When my grandma passed I was really hoping that when we went through their stuff I would find it and be able to bring it home to show my kiddos - I guess somewhere in the mix it also hit the trash:( I was very sad... but what great memories I hold that's for sure!

PamnPat'sParadise said...

It's amazing how sentimental the smallest things can be and how they remind us of so many wonderful memories spent with someone special.

Hang on to the memories and because you shared them here, they will be around for others to read and smile about too.