Thursday, November 01, 2007

My little treats...

Taken Halloween morning before school! The kids were up VERY early in anticipation of the day ahead! The kids were dressed and ready by 7 am! One skeleton, and 3 cowgirls. Catie didn't have a party to go to, she just wanted to dress up for the day.

Here are the kids with each of their pumpkins that were carved with Daddy's help the night before. The baby in my belly had a pumpkin too, but it was uncarved and sat with the others.


And, here are the little trick or treaters on the night with their pumpkins aglow. Well, minus one pumpkin. My little Carly-Flower gave hers up, and gave it to my parents to put on their porch for their Halloween. I thought that she was very sweet for doing so. I was very proud of her. Caroline, well she went as a baby. You know, she only has about four weeks left to be the baby...She stayed home and handed out treats with her Nonna. She had fun! So did the kids.

Please note: The kids all had to be re-done with make up and hair as the day went by I guess things came off, and so I re-did the kids before dinner!! I am trying to picture what Halloween will be like next year! I am sure Caroline will want to go out too!

We had a few meltdowns at bedtime, and reading was the solution. It brought the kids back to ground, and made life normal right before bed. The kids were really TIRED when they got in after their night out. Most kids wanted their make up washed off, but Carly wanted to leave hers on to wear to school today. So, she slept with her freckles on. She looked cute this morning. And, thankfully the kids slept well, and were back to normal this morning.

The kids sure collected a lot of treats. And, we will have to ration those over the coming days. And, Cliff and I will have to check them to be sure they are alright, if you catch my drift. For afternoon snack today, they had 1 chocolate treat, and an apple. ;D


7 comments:

Carol Kerfoot said...

they look awesome!!!!!

PamnPat'sParadise said...

They looked great. I love all the pumpkins...cute that the baby had one too!

I re-did make up a couple of times too...it just doesn't stay put does it. and Miss K still had whiskers the next morning :o)

LauraC said...

Your kids did a great job sitting still and lining up for pictures! Halloween must put kids on their best behavior.

Did you paint your belly as a pumpkin?!

Kerry said...

Everyone looked great! Love the skeleton...very creepy!

Anonymous said...

I like to "check" the treats, too. One for you .. two for me .. check!

Unknown said...

The kids looked fantastic, Cath! Do they have any treats left? I know Abby ATE all of her chocolates in one night. :-)

Jasmyne said...

Happy Halloween. I love the costumes! Great pumpkins too! Must of been a lot of guts!!!