Saturday, May 12, 2007

7 little-known facts about myself

I got tagged by Laura to come up with 7 little-known facts about myself. So here you go Laura. I hope I can think of 7!?

  1. When I was younger in high school and in my early 20's I never ever wanted to get married, or have kids. But, I met Cliff and obviously my feelings have changed a little bit on that topic!
  2. I never thought I would live in a township, as I always thought I would be a city girl, with the high powered sales career and the hot red sports car.
  3. My right ring finger was broken in a fight between grade 10 and 11. I was standing up to this sporty jock, and she broke my finger on a diagonal. It still doesn't bend properly, and I cannot fit a ring over my finger. In the fall and winter it aches.
  4. I came in 3rd place in a duathlon when I was 17 in the Kokanee Prestige Series. It was 5k run, 30k cycle, and then a 5k run! I wanted to win, but I didn't. I like to WIN!!!
  5. I want to run a marathon before I turn 40 (so I have 5 years!!!) and like Laura, I don't like the first 10 minutes of my run either! The furthest distance I have run in my adult life is 14K. And, that was one of my best runs to-date.
  6. I have white couches, chairs, bedding and towels throughout my home! And, they stay pretty clean with 5 kids!
  7. If I could do anything right now with my life, I would still choose motherhood over fame and fortune.

3 comments:

Allyson said...

I love your seven things, too bad you left out the other 700 things people would never have guessed about. And yes, people, they were almost all good! Love you babes, Mom xxxooo

LauraC said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Glad to know I'm not the only one who hates the first 10 minutes of running. I ran the Los Angeles marathon on my 24th birthday as a present to myself. Worst present ever! ha ha.

Mrs. Merriman said...

Thanks for sharing!!