Tuesday, May 01, 2007

a snapshot of my day today

  • Two older girls dumped/used 3/4's of a brand new body wash that was for their baby sister. They were trying to wash their dirty bums, and failed. Poop was all on the clean bathmats and on the floor and of course in their underwear...yuck
  • Two older girls did their own laundry and folding of the laundry aka Poo Poo load yuck.
  • Washed white slipcovers as dirty backyard feet got onto them
  • Washed, folded and put away 3 large loads of laundry (and then of course the "bonus" laundry lol)
  • Cleaned glass doors and windows
  • Bleached out the new (to us) kitchen sink and it looks so much better
  • dusted main level of the home
  • Two older girls got into my make up brushes, licked them/sucked on them and they were my nice brushes (MAC) and we spent the whole evening looking for them and they are still not found. (April two of the brushes from you, boo hoo)
  • Catie got into my office and dumped my thank you cards all over and locked herself in the office
  • Two older girls got locked into our walk-in closet and on the floor I found nail clippers that belong in my make up drawer along with the brushes that are still missing
  • Broke my toenail down very low on the vacuum hose (ouch) but still did the whole home.
  • Just ordered a birthday cake this evening for the birthday girl tomorrow!
  • Spent a lot of today feeling very angry at my girls, and then felt bad for feeling angry at them
  • Talked with the bank
  • Older girls went to bed right after dinner
  • Older girls took hairspray and water to their dollies *how did I forget that one?!
  • Didn't kiss my 11 month old tonight or breastfeed her. She went to bed with a cup of milk and she survived and so did I! I will kiss her goodnight for the last time as a baby! Tomorrow she is officially a toddler! Wow!
  • Went grocery shopping for stuff for tomorrow's birthday dinner! Pasta with salad and garlic bread!
  • Going to watch American Idol now...good night

5 comments:

Allyson said...

Memories Are Made of This, or, Oh Crap!
How's the toe?
I hope the babes, sleeps through the night. Is this a first for her without you?
I hope tomorrow will be less work and much nicer!
We love you little momma
xxxooo

Irma said...

Sounds like one step forward and two steps back! Those kind of days are soooo frustrating huh?! I guess in a new house you gotta figure out all their new places to get into trouble!
Hope you have a fun birthday tomorrow.

Yvonne said...

Cathy sometimes I read your blog and wonder .... does anything go wrong in that house .... then you post this and I know I am not alone! You survived and will again! Your baby is growing up but a new baby will come again :)

cathy said...

Thanks everybody...

And Yvonne, some days so much stuff happens that I cannot even wrap my head around it! lol...or I don't want to remember lol!

Kerry said...

Cathy, you are truly an amazing person. You have the patience of a saint! One day you should write a book about it all, each day seems to bring so many stories.