Wednesday, May 30, 2007

fyi - Anniversary Gifts

I always forget to look at the different anniversary "gifts" that couples should receive on their special anniversary days. I should have received pottery this year. April, well you should have received leather. And, Mom and Dad...Ruby . Dad...oh Dad...better get that Birk's card out...you have a big one coming up!


Customary anniversary gifts and my interpretation of the gifts in brackets:

1st Wedding Anniversary -- paper (received a medical book on my first anniversary)
2nd Wedding Anniversary -- cotton (ummmm, not. Do cotton balls count that I use to block out Cliff's snoring?)
3rd Wedding Anniversary -- leather (what about fruit leather? does that count)
4th Wedding Anniversary -- flowers or fruit (I get flowers every day from Carlyflower and fruit is in abundance in our house...what about the fruit of Cliff's loins? I get pregnant so easily lol)
5th Wedding Anniversary -- wood (to knock somebody over the head with when they snore lol)
6th Wedding Anniversary -- candy (I went through a candy phase, but not for my anniversary that is for sure)
7th Wedding Anniversary -- wool (does feeling sheep's wool count?)
8th Wedding Anniversary -- bronze (can't say I have anything that is bronze except the bronzer I use everyday to look like the day I got married!)
9th Wedding Anniversary -- pottery (Well, so far no pottery and we are in our 9th year!)
10th Wedding Anniversary -- tin (look what I have to look forward to! Maybe somebody will make me a tin can phone?!)
11th Wedding Anniversary -- steel
12th Wedding Anniversary -- linen or silk
13th Wedding Anniversary -- lace
14th Wedding Anniversary -- agate
15th Wedding Anniversary -- crystal
16th Wedding Anniversary -- silver hollowware, peridot
17th Wedding Anniversary -- furniture, watches
18th Wedding Anniversary -- porcelain, cat’s-eye
19th Wedding Anniversary -- bronze, aquamarine
20th Wedding Anniversary -- china
21st Wedding Anniversary -- brass or nickel
22nd Wedding Anniversary -- copper
23rd Wedding Anniversary -- silver plate
24th Wedding Anniversary -- musical instruments
25th Wedding Anniversary -- silver
26th Wedding Anniversary -- original pictures
27th Wedding Anniversary -- sculpture
28th Wedding Anniversary -- orchids
29th Wedding Anniversary -- new furniture
30th Wedding Anniversary -- pearl
31st Wedding Anniversary -- timepieces
32nd Wedding Anniversary --conveyances (including automobiles)
33rd Wedding Anniversary -- amethyst
34th Wedding Anniversary -- opal
35th Wedding Anniversary -- coral or jade
36th Wedding Anniversary -- bone china
37th Wedding Anniversary -- alabaster
38th Wedding Anniversary -- beryl and tourmaline
39th Wedding Anniversary -- lace
40th Wedding Anniversary -- ruby or garnet
41st Wedding Anniversary -- land
42nd Wedding Anniversary -- improved real estate
43rd Wedding Anniversary -- trips
44th Wedding Anniversary -- (info not available on any list)
45th Wedding Anniversary -- sapphire
50th Wedding Anniversary -- gold
55th Wedding Anniversary -- emerald or turquoise
60th Wedding Anniversary -- diamond
65th Wedding Anniversary -- diamond
70th Wedding Anniversary -- platinum
75th Wedding Anniversary -- diamond

6 comments:

Allyson said...

With my luck, I'll get that old record of "Oh Ruby, don't take your love to town"! and as daddy and I can't even remember the singer's name, even though we both can picture him, I probably won't even get that. Ha Ha.

Carol Kerfoot said...

or cotton granny panties?

Carol Kerfoot said...

Allyson...

Kenny Rogers

Allyson said...

Carol-I've got the cotton granny panties already!
And after much thought my hubbie came up with Kenny Rogers too. It was driving us nutty. But anytime I can't think of a name or a word and I wonder what the heck it is, I always appreciate the filling in of the blanks. So thank you, keep them coming :)

Anonymous said...

My sister is a lot older than she acts. She will be wearing cotton granny panties soon.

The only thing more comfortable than big cotton panties would be going commando.

Carol Kerfoot said...

What are you talking about...my drawer is FULL of granny panties and I wear them on a daily basis!