Sunday, May 27, 2007

Weekend Summary

I cannot believe the weekend is over already. That is really a bummer. It wasn't the most interesting of weekends. But, it was very productive that is for sure.

Friday night. What did we do Friday night? Well Cliff rented a movie for us called The Holiday I watched some of it, and then I fell asleep. Cliff woke me, and I climbed up to bed exhausted and slept like a log.

Saturday. Whole family woke up around 7:30 a.m. which is almost unheard of here! But nice, and I am not going to complain OK! Good is good! Cliff went to work for four hours (time and a half--YES!!) and then I left the kids with the in-laws for a pedicure appointment, and a little waxing. I was home around 2 pm. Then we decided to order Chinese food for dinner and share with the in-laws. It tasted really good this time! YAY! We gave the kids there baths, and showers, brushed teeth and off to bed. Cliff rented another movie for us, this time The Illusionist. I saw maybe a half hour, and guess who fell asleep? Yes, it was me. Cliff woke me up at around midnight and I got to bed. And I was wide awake. Don't you love that...so I ended up going to bed around 1:00 am because our bedroom was WAY TOO HOT!

That leaves us with today. Our only family day together. Yes, we all slept in till almost 8 this morning! We had breakfast, we played in the yard. There was lots of laundry to do, and clean up, vacuuming, and window cleaning. Then, we packed up the kids to run errands. We did London Drugs, Old Navy for some clothing for some of the kids and I got some great deals. We also did Home Outfitters for a new butter bell as ours smashed on the tile floor (another reason why I don't like tiles!). We also headed to Turkeys Party Makers to purchase items for Caroline's big 1st Birthday Bash we are throwing on Saturday! I purchased stuff is crisp white, and a lovely lime green. We then we all came home and had left over Chinese food. Today, it did not agree with me, and I spit some back on my plate. Yuck. The kids played hard, they did some artwork in the backyard at their table. They cleaned, they gardened. We had a lovely day. Then, we packed up the troops again and we drove to IKEA. I took the three big kids into the store, and the two little gals stayed in the van and slept. I bought two brown slipcovers (white is getting hard with dirty summer feet in the family room) a plastic stool for the powder room, a garbage can for the powder room. Ummm. What else. Some wonderful magazine holders for in the kitchen. And one for the office. And 4 more big white/metal boxes for my office. Then, we used a coupon and I cashed in a nice gift card from my cousin Andrea for Linens n Things! I bought 2 rugs for the kitchen (tile floors hurt underfoot), 2 lovely decorative pillows (to sit on my new slipcovers) and some brand new white towels!! Yay for new white towels!

We came home, the kids had grilled cheese and watermelon. Cliff took 4 kids to the front yard to do some edging and gardening till dusk. I stayed inside and organized the rest of my filing cabinet which is finally totally organized and I feel so much better about that! And, I worked at organizing my shelf. But, there is STILL more organizing and putting away to do. I would say I am 90% done. That is good. We did our night routine, and then got the kids in bed around 8:30 pm. (much later than normal) and then Cliff picked up Subway and we watched Iron Chef America - Pork. I feel sick again. What else is new.

I want to go to bed, but I still need to put the clean sheets back on the bed. Figures. And, I went to go visit my favourite site, and the forum is down...hopefully it will be back up tomorrow.

Still need to get lunches, snacks and mailbags put together. And, fold 2 loads of laundry...I think I will still be in bed before midnight.

No comments: