Saturday, August 26, 2006

And I thought Thursday was busy?! Who was I kidding?

Today I must say was one of the most busy days in a long time! (Well since Thursday lol) I was up with all of the kids at 6:30. I gave Cliff the treat of sleeping in til almost 9 am. I got everybody ready.

I took Claire and Carly for their back to school haircuts. They look so cute.

Cameron went to the Capilano Suspension Bridge with his grandparents for the day.

I came home, fed Caroline and we went to the bank to deposit some cheques, then we went to the Tim Horton's drive thru for treats.

Then, we went into Cloverdale to go to Turkey's Party makers to go get stuff for the "triple b" aka as BBB. Big Birthday Bash on the long weekend coming up. Cliff stayed in the car with all 4 of the girls, and I got in there and worked my shopping magic. We are having "It's a Monkey's Birthday" for Cameron who is now 7, Carly who is now 4 and Catie who will be 2 very soon. I got brown plates, yellow napkins, a large 7, 4, and 2 plastic numbers. 3 yellow banana's 5 brown balloons and 5 yellow balloons. Cynthia is making an awesome cake for me, and some cupcakes. And, I rented a large 15-15-15 bouncy house for all of the kids who will be attending. After all, don't all monkeys jump on their beds? Ours do! lol. So, after some searching for the perfect monkey pinyata...I was out of there. Almost 12 noon.

Caroline started to fuss, so we headed back home to feed, make some sandwiches on the run. Headed back out. This time we headed for Payless shoes for the BOGO sale. For Claire and Carly. Spent 92 dollars on 2 pairs of cute boots and runners.

We also went to Canadian Tire. That was really fun actually. Wanted to see what was a vailable. We had Catie and Caroline in the big cart, and then Claire and Carly each had little carts...it was a fun little wagon train throughout the store! They had fun, and they listened. We Finally bought paint for the c a r o l i n e letters for the wall that I made. I promise I will show the process that I went through to make them! They are going to be great. We also bought a Canvas White paint for out bathroom, and many other things. Yippee! Cannot wait to have that painted. It will freshen up the joint! I sure needs it.

Then, we went I forget where...oh yes. To this awesome consignment store called Little Critter Outfitters in Clova. I got 9 pieces of brandname clothing there for Claire, and a couple of pieces for Carly for school. I used my stamp card with $45 free, and they had a great sale on and spent $36 dollars! 9 pieces of Old Navy, Gymboree etc. It was awesome. That felt good.

We then came home. Ate a bit, and then we headed out to IKEA. There we got bedding for us, some new shoe racks and a shower curtain, a roll of paper for the kids to draw on, plastic cutlery...I think that is it. We got back into the car at 8 pm.

Got home, unloaded the van. Catie was sleeping, Claire and Carly were very sleepy but awake. And got them all into bed. Cameron was downstairs sleeping at Nonna and Grandpa's. He had a lovely day and really liked the suspension bridge.

Then, we left Caroline home with the in-laws, and headed out to Wal*Mart. Our final destination. We got party stuff...awesome stuff. More stuff and I picked up a 300 count set of white sheets! We have not had new sheets since we got married back in '98. We had boring beige. They were wearing out. So now we have nice crisp white soft sheets. Diapers x 2, wipes, products, more products. More stuff. Cards, gifts etc. $300 dollars later...packed up the vehicle and headed home. We walked back through the door at 10:35 pm. No joke. I fed Caroline who had cried when we were away. She is now settling in for the night with Cliff.


Well not really, she is crying now. This is where I finish up my day. On the couch feeding her. It is 11:18...I guess the bathroom will not be painted tonight like we had planned lol.

5 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

Wow... another reason why you and Cliff need to wear "Super Mom" and "Super Dad" shirts LOL!

Can't wait for the par-tay! Wooot!

Allyson said...

Whoever said, "Life is just like a barrel full of monkeys", sure was right. If someone had videotaped your day and put it on fast forward it wouldn't be believed. You two are something else. We bow to you! M&D xxoo

AmberW said...

I will pick those t-shirts up for them! I don't know how you guys do it... but then I think I have said that before. I wish I could come to the party... have fun and can't wait to see pics!

cathy said...

Another busy day today! But a fun day. More errands, but hey! It is 10:30 and Caroline is in bed! Good night.

cathy said...

Amber! I wish you could make it to the party! The kids would love to see you all again!