Monday, August 14, 2006

Monday Madness

Today was a really busy day for me. We had one kid up at 4:30 crying (Carly) and Catie woke up one hour later crying (Catie) Carly settled back in, Catie would not, so she ended up in bed with me. We all got up around 7:30 a.m. which was nice. Waffles for breakfast. Then play. We all went about our day. At 11:01 am. The doorbell rings. It rings twice. No, it wasn't the postman for your information lol. It was a roofer. Yes an unsolicited roofer. He was going to offer his roofing services (yes this house lost a lot of shingles in the winter winds) and when he was backing up to park in our driveway. He rolled into my FIL's car. Side-swiped it. Took the hubcap off, a big long scrape/dents on the drivers side. Nice. Well. Atleast he came to tell us. He said, is that your car? I said no. That is my FIL's car. He said is he home. I said nope. They are in Vegas until Thursday. So, he apologized and was really embarrased. And told me he was embarrassed. I was just glad that nobody got hurt. I hope my In-Laws win the slots/jackpot. They won't be too pleased.

So, that was my morning. Sort of. As you all know I am trying a new cleaning system. I have modified my own system and it works awesome. My house is always clean, and I never have to clean on the weekends. I do this so that my dear hardworking husband catches a break. He works too hard. I feel bad for him.

Monday's clean up schedule:

Get up, strip beds take bedding and laundry to washing machine. Start my loads.
Clean toilets, counters and sinks til sparkly.
Clean stove top rings and pans and replace foil liners.
Dust whole house in 10 mins.
Vac whole house in 10 mins.
Wash all of the hard floors (mopping)
Make all beds and cribs with clean linens fresh from the laundry.
Clean out recycling bin and sort and put back
Bring up toilet paper from the garage and replace stocks in bathrooms

That is about it. Throw in many diaper changes, activities, lunch snacks. Feeds for Caroline. And get salad ready for the bbq. It made for a very busy day.

Cliff also pulled out the exersaucer and washed it down for Caroline.

I also wrote a thank you card or two, and walked to the mailbox to mail them out on time. Talked to Cynthia, and to my Mom briefly. Tried to call my cousin Andrea, but her line was busy this evening. I am looking forward to watching the end of Hell's Kitchen tonight. The finale. It should be awesome. Thank you Cynthia for your phonecall reminder. I actually wrote it down on the calendar!!

Time to feed Caroline.

4 comments:

Olena said...

You are unbelivable! How do you manage all this in one day? This would take me at least few days to complete... And never mind that I have cleaning lady coming every two weeks (hope I won't need her services by late fall). What do kids do while you are cleaning? I feel guilty to keep girls in exersausers unless it is nesessary, e.g. making food, go to the bathroom. How do you do it?

Anonymous said...

Cathy, you are an inspiration! I make up excuses like it is too hard to clean this measly little apartment and care for Aiden at the same time, but here you are cleaning your house and caring for 5 kids. You put me to shame! Don't tell my hubby...hehe! :D

cathy said...

Olena, seriously it takes about 1 hour if you spread it over the day. I try to do things FIRST thing in the morning. And during naps. That way I just have the 3 older kids to keep busy. I usually send them to the playroom or outside! Especially when I drag out the mop. I use the Vileda twist mop. It is awesome. I use a pour of bleach and hot water.

You can do it too! I just know it! I had a housecleaner a few times after I had Catie. (I had an in because of Crash Test Mommy) But, I found after a bit, I found I cleaned much better than them! And I am free lol.

cathy said...

Jerusha: You can seriously do it too! Try doing it when Aiden is napping. Just start with something that you can accomplish. I start with the dusting. I set my timer for 10 mins and I go! And I get some excercise too! And then of course when I dust, I need to vac...and so on, and so on! I also try to involve the younger kids if I need too. I give them cleaning stuff. We have several dusters and child size sweepers too! I am even teaching them how to do laundry. They love it. Soon Aiden will be helping you! Or walking right through your sweeping piles lol.