Saturday, August 05, 2006

Super Summary

Today we had a nice day. I had cleaned the whole house from top to bottom during the week so that I could relieve us all of house chores this weekend. It has worked out really nice, and I plan on keeping that up. Last night we ran errands. We went to Wal*Mart and then we tried shopping at Save On Foods. Well, I can still tell you I am a Safeway girl still. I found myself getting frustrated because I do not know the layout of the land there. When I go shopping I go quickly and systematically. Not last night. Shopping took way too long. Anyways we got it done, and really I found the prices to be quite comparable. There was more selection at Save On for a larger family.

As for today, I fed Caroline this morning. Got ready. Cliff took the girls to the market for veggies and fruit. Then we left some kids with in-laws and took our son Cameron to Fort Langley. He bought a robot and a periscope and a little rubber chicken that lays an egg at the Fort Toy Store. I highly recommend that store. Patrick, the owner is awesome. Cameron also purchased two wonderful books from Wendels bookstore. This is our annual trip. This birthday Cameron also wrote his own thank you cards for his gifts. We will do that with each of our kids as they learn to write. I believe in hand written mailed thank yous. I want our kids to have that love too. We then stopped in at a gelato place for yummy cones, and then headed home as Caroline got a bit fussy.

Tonight I didn't have to cook as my in-laws cooked an AWESOME dinner. Nonna B and Aunty Naida came for dinner too, and brought gifts for Cameron and Carly. It was great.

All of 5 the kids are in bed! Yippee.

Cathy

2 comments:

Allyson said...

Pappa and Nanny, and Oma and Opa received the most wonderful thank you cards from Cameron. What a treasure to keep forever. I love that you are teaching this to your children Cath. It is always so amazing to me how quickly you write notes of thanks--even when you are under "ORDERS" not to-ha ha! xxxooo

cathy said...

Oh, I am glad you received them. I really feel that thank you writing is a lost art. I want to be sure the kids learn the importance of a written thank you. So much nicer than receiving a bill or a ticket in the mail right!? I LOVE my thank you cards!