Monday, August 07, 2006

Happy BC Day today!

Today, I tried out a new cleaning regime. Last week I tried a new way of cleaning, and this week it was www.flylady.net and so far I quite like it. Especially the email reminders. Today I blessed my house in less than an hour, and now it looks amazing. I have to say I also love my Vileda twist mop! That thing rocks.

After my hour of cleaning, I got ready to go out with Caroline to go visit with Cynthia. We had a nice visit, and got to chat for quite awhile. I even had lunch made by her awesome husband Mike. He made us awesome grilled cheese in the "snack master." And, I got to love up Ben...he is so adorable. Kisses to Ben.

I got home, fed Caroline. We had BBQ burgers and an awesome salad with mixed greens, nuts, goats cheese, strawberries and strawberry vinagrette. Yummy.

Cameron went to Nonna B's house, and helped clean up there. And, the three middle gals went out for a walk with Cliff to go get an ice cream at the local coffee shop. They had fun, and boy were they tuckered right out.

Last night Claire had a nightmare. She wouldn't settle, so Claire slept in our bed. She was so adorable. She was so comfy. I told her that I had the same thing happen to me, and in the same bed even. She thought that was interesting that Mommy had the same problem. She was scared somebody was under her bed. I told her that I would try to call out to my Mom and Dad (but I was too scared) and so I leaped over the "shadow" to safety of my parents. Mom? Do you remember that? How did you comfort me? I cannot remember. I just remember being really freaked. Tonight she was scared again.

Cliff and I seriously need a king size bed. Imagine Cliff, Claire, Caroline and myself in the Queen size bed this a.m. it was pretty crowded, but certainly a memory!

Yesterday, the most funny thing happened to us. The three kids (Cam, Claire and Carly) stood up to us. They banded together one by one, with arms crossed across their chests at the fireplace. And said all said no, we want to go out to play. I started to laugh (but I looked away) and then Cliff cracked too. Then all control went out the window. The kids won they ran out the door, down the new patio stairs and went to play. Yikes. It was funny at the time, but then the night went from bad to worse. Too much to write about tonight.

My goodness. Thankfully tonight went off without a hitch. Only Catie was up late in her crib "protesting" but she finally broke and went to bed.

We hope your holiday day was fun too!

Cathy

2 comments:

Allyson said...

About Claire's nightmares. Is she ok now? As in, has she had any more? If she has, then I suspect she's just lovin' all of the extra attention, and who wouldn't. As for how we did it with you gals. Well, I can honestly say, we never took any of you to bed, unless it was on a weekend morning and the first one up got a little more TLC and mommy and daddy got a little more shut eye, wiggle, waggles,wiggle-good luck. When you cried out we would go to you and I would give you scary red eyed Timmy, my teddy bear from my babyhood. I told you how he always made me feel better. And I asked if you wanted him, and you always said yes. Many years later I found out you guys hated his red button eyes so I suspect that probably forced you back to sleep just to get away from him! I dunno Cath. You have the right nack for everything. Whatever you do is right! Timmy anyone?
Love you,
Mom

cathy said...

Mom: Yes, it was one isolated incident. Timmy might really scare her lol.