Thursday, August 10, 2006

Mrs. Cool?

I have realized this year, that this will be the first year that I actually will be able to go out and buy some clothes for me! I am done with my family. 5 kids is where we stop.

But then...FEAR.

Can I ever be cool again? Can I suit the trends? What would I look good in? I need help from What Not to Wear on TLC. Are these clothes kid friendly? I don't want to have to rely on drycleaning! I need wash and wear! I have 5 kids. Remember! lol.

And, with that thought I am like what do I buy? What is cool Mom style? I have no idea? What is cool for a Mom of 5? I remember when I was in my 20's. I would know how to dress, the right accessories, hair and make up. Now suddenly, I feel dowdy and so uncool. How does that happen? Am I uncool because I am a Mom? or uncool because I just don't have time to keep up with the "trends" and would the trends be even suitable for me because I am turning 35 in October? Can I stay tidy and kept?

I do know that I have not owned a nice pair of shoes for about 7 years. I wear flip flops through all the seasons. (No time to lace or zip up shoes/boots) I do wear my runners when I run however.

Clothing: I wear hand me downs (but they are usually really nice ones from my sisters!) Or, from Reitmans or Old Navy. But most of the time I try to wear a skirt etc. I try not to wear sweats. To me when I wear sweats I feel like a big frumpy mess. So, I try to look nice for when my hubby gets home. But, in the postpartum period. I have hardly anything that fits still. I have very little to choose from. And for outer wear, such as coats etc. I have been telling Cliff I am going to get a coat for years and years. And, I still haven't.

Undergarments: Oh, undergarments aka lingerie I think it is called?! I remember that sexy stuff! I remember back in my teens and 20's I had matching undergarments that were cute and pretty and sexy. I had a set for a day! Now it is ugly nursing bras that are old (some as old as 7 years - yik!) and yucky maternity gonch (I have thongs at least - how very racy of me, especially with my cottage cheese but lol) I have since burned my granny pants from the after birth! I will NEVER need those again! * Insert Hallelujah chorus here

I have some nice clothes waiting for me in the closet, but I need to lose the balance of my pregnancy weight still, and I don't want to go and buy stuff because I don't want to wear this size for much longer. But seriously it could be months before I see more changes in my body. And it will never be the same as BK *Before Kids. What to do?

I wear make up from Wal*Mart and not from MAC anymore. I
I try to get my hair done every 8-10 weeks, and in the past bk (before kids) I would freak at the sight of the "slightest roots." Now, I am like OK, the roots are not that bad. I can live with that. That is why there are hair clips so I can pull the hair back lol. Thank goodness for hair bands too! And I used to buy salon quality products until the first and second times that my kids would "use" my products and I have nothing left. I learned my lessons!So, drugstore brands for me from now on.

Shaving? Well I get my regular waxings, I shave every day. But not a complete job like I used to. I noticed hairs where I have never seen hairs before. Thankfully my Aunty is an Electrologist! Yay Aunty Madeleine! I am going for my first zappings on Saturday!

Accesories? What are those? I don't even wear my rings from my wedding. They still don't fit. And goodness they are "gold" and not platinum or white gold that is in right now.

Now that I will not be having any more kids, will I become cool again? Do I dare go back that way? Will I look silly?

So, if you know of a stylist/tv show or somebody that could help me, please pass my name on...I have lots of bad "before photos" and I am hoping to see an "after photo" that I just love. I need a Mommy Make Over.

I need help! Anybody?!

Mrs. Uncool

I want to be the Cool Cat I once was?! Is that even possible?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Cath, after reading that I suddenly don't feel so great about myself either anymore... That story rings SO true on all levels and I've only had the 1 child!
I think you should find a style that YOU like and stick with it. Who CARES what is in or not in etc. and "where to get it from". If it works for you, keep it working! You NEVER look outdated or frumpy when I see you! You've got it together girl and be proud of you! (And what you've accomplished along the way!) xo
Love, your older and just as "outdated" cousin! LOL. Andrea

Allyson said...

I'm with you beautiful Andrea! I think it starts with inner beauty and works it's way out, regardless of what lies beneath! I can't think of three more beautiful young mothers than Cathy, Laura and Andrea!
Love you,

cathy said...

You both must see a different side of me that I do not see.

I will take both compliments. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Every time I see you, you look great! Always put together and so cute in your skirts and cute tops! I think you look great, and obviously am not the only one!