Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas Dinner at Nannie and Papa's 2006



My Mom and Dad always do such a nice job of Christmas for the kids. She set up her office as a special room "just for the grandkids." Cameron even brought over a sign that says "Kids 7 and Under Only" and each year he brings that number up by 1! He remembered doing a "Kids 6 and Under Only" last year. This year Catie was in on the fun, last year she dined in the highchair that I once ate in. This year, that seat was used by Caroline! She had a yummy cereal dinner, and then I mashed up the carrots and turnips for her! She LOVED them! She sure ate a lot. Next year, well...we will have a fight for positions lol. Caroline, well...she may be old enough to eat in the kids room. And Abby, well she will probably be in the high chair lol. And, that little table will be VERY full! My Mom even puts out 3 little battery powered candles for a lovely dining experience. And, lots of paper snowflakes hanging by threads over the table! So sweet and festive.

I was really impressed with my hubby Cliff at Christmas dinner. Abby (our new little Niece) was fussy and gassy, so he held Abby in his left arm for the whole dinner so that April and Nick could eat dinner. With his right hand he fed Caroline her dinner. When I finished my dinner, I took over the feeding, and Abby went back to her Daddy. Oh, how the experience of having 5 kids showed lol. He looked like a natural with that sweet little gal in his arms. Made me fall in love with him all over.

It was a wonderful day! Thank you Mom and Dad for hosting that wonderful dinner. We will always remember it! xo

8 comments:

Allyson said...

Look at that adorable baby sitting in her momma's high chair! It takes me back Cathy. And the pixs of the kids in their Dining Room, I am so glad you got a picture of that too. We never got a shot on our camera and unfortuately for us Aunty Amy wasn't here to take the extra shots we needed. Hopefully, 2011 right Amy?!!!! xxxooo

Anonymous said...

Cute blog. If it wasn't for my kids' YiaYia and uncles, Christmas would have been light this year. Thank God for the generosity of family members!

PamnPat'sParadise said...

That's quite a man you've got there - i can see how you could fall in love with him over and over. Just seeing what a great dad/uncle he is would make anyone's heart melt.

The Hoegler Family said...

What a beautiful family. I miss you all when I see the pictures, especially the kids. I can't believe how fast they are growing.

Happy New Year to you all!
Love from Hege

AmberW said...

Cathy I want to eat your kids RIGHT up... is that alright with you?! I cannot believe how much Caroline looks like Cliff!!:) It's his female look alike!

And I have to say that you have one amazing momma!! That is the sweetest idea, to have a kids only room. Crack me up with Cameron and his special sign. That's excellent.

And really, you shouldn't be that surprised that Cliff would do something like that with Abby... look at what a great dad he is-- of course he would help out!! He is probably a PROFESSIONAL multi-tasker:)

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Your Mom & Dad are so amazing. Your mom must be one of the proudest Grandmother's there are on this earth with her "Six Pack". I can't believe they still have your high chair thats been past from the time you were born and I assume everyone of your kids has sat in it at least once as well.

cathy said...

Mom: Thanks again for that WONDERFUL Christmas! Thank you for making it special for all of the kids! It was truly magical. I love you! xo

Rob: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Have a wonderful 2007

Pam: I consider myself very blessed with a WONDERFUL husband and father to our kids! (and our niece lol)

Hege: Happy New Year! Yes, the kids have grown SOOO much since back in the day you watched over our (at the time) 3 kids when Carly was our baby! And now...you have your lovely Mattias. He is a beautiful little boy!

Amber: Happy New Year! Yes...Cliff is very good at multitasking! He has learned from the best lol!!

Pam: Thank you! Yes all 5 of my kids have sat in the same highchair I sat in! Very cool huh! I love that little chair xo

Allyson said...

Pam, I can't get rid of anything, would you believe that Abby is still sleeping in the "original" bassinette, the English Pram is in the Garage and a ton of clothing, dolls and toys and books for almost every age group, including Puzzletown yup, you know Lowly the Worm, still at our house. My dilema is this, who will take it when my 6-pack grows up? Yikes! Save me from myself! xx