Friday, December 15, 2006

Friday

Well, today we all woke up in a great mood. No power went out, the wind went away and the sun was shining! It is amazing how nice it can be with "normal" weather. Cameron got to make his gingerbread house at school, and Cameron and Claire got to participate in the "Crazy Hair" day at school. Unfortunately I couldn't get a photo of the hair do's because they took them out! The morning was rushed as we all "slept in" until 7:00 which meant a rushed, busy morning for the 6 of us. I did get a photo of Cameron's house though. I will post at a later date. He did a great job.


I got a chance to visit my FIL aka as Cliff's Dad at the hospital last night. My loving parents came over so that Cliff and I could get down there to see him. I drove my MIL aka Mom to the hospital. I was glad I could give her a rest and some support and drive her in the rush hour traffic.

Dad looked good, for somebody who just had major surgery. He is still in the ICU, and is being fed through a stomach tube. He had MANY tubes in him. He still managed to hold a conversation and he seemed to be in good spirits. He was just very tired. Today, Mom (aka MIL) went to the hospital to spend the day with him between sleeps and care etc. I know she was going to take a photo of the kids there for him, and a new pair of slippers. Today, he will start walking in the hospital. Soon, he will be moved out of the ICU, and into a regular bed. He will be there until the 23rd or 24th of December. Then, he will be home. Without any tubes except for one port for feeding just in case he cannot gain some of the weight he lost back. I am just happy the surgery went well, and he looks good.

As for our weekend. Maybe this weekend we can get the tree decorated, and do some shopping. We need to catch up from this busy week. I know I feel really tired. Not much sleep in the last week or two. I am looking forward to my run on Sunday morning. I haven't been running as per my normal routine. I hope that I can get back to where I was. I NEEEEEEED to run. Or I just feel all agitated inside.

I am still thinking about my Oma, and my Dad, my Aunty and all of us relatives who are missing Opa. I really miss him. I know he lived a long full life in his 90 years, but still...it is hard to believe he is gone. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you who are mourning the loss of any kind.

I am thinking that 2007 is going to be a WAY better year. The highlights of 2006 for me were, the birth of Caroline and the birth of Abigail! Two little blessings.

No comments: