Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Wednesday

Well, it is middle of the week! And, yesterday we went to visit Dad in the hospital. We watched him have his first solid foods. Chicken broth, orange juice and orange jello. His stomach got very full. Yesterday he had many of his tubes removed and was walking around. He even phoned home and left a message for all of the kids. And so did Nonna. The kids loved that. Today, the phone rang in the afternoon. I thought it would be Mom, but it was Dad. He had a creamy soup, chocolate pudding and tea! A great day for him. There is even talk that he may get home this weekend. My fingers are crossed for him! Tomorrow they talk to a nutritionist about his nutrional concerns etc.

We ordered in pizza for dinner, got the kids into their jammies, loaded them into the vehicle and took a drive around. I also had to get food for 2 school Christmas parties!
We drove around the town to look at all of the holiday light displays! Wow, some beautifully decorated homes! The kids LOVED that. Especially Catie! WOW!!!! she said. WOW!!! Her loudest WOW yet. She certainly is developing her words! So cute.

Mom came home tonight, and that was nice. We sat around her kitchen table and had some tea, and some Purdy's chocolates together and talked about Dad and his recovery etc. Things are certainly looking up! Christmas could be really wonderful after all.

I am fighting something. Hoarse voice, stuffy nose. Really worn out. Tired. spent. Whatever. Just reacting to all of the stress of the last couple of weeks. I guess my body has had enough.

Lots to do in the next couple of days. Need to wrap presents for teachers, presents for our kids and family. Do my shopping for some Christmas foods etc. We will wrap everything probably on Saturday. Just glad the shopping part is over. I am looking forward to Christmas eve. Cliff and I make nachos and watch some sort of Christmas Movie. Most likely Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation. I can watch that movie over and over!! So many great laughs. We certainly could use that.

The kids have been kissing me a lot under our Kissing Ball. Too cute. Now, if only I can get Cliff under there. Hmmm. I will work on that.

Our tree is decorated, and most of the decorations are on the top portion of the tree. Still looks lovely.

I feel a bit more of the Christmas spirit tonight.

Tonight, yet ANOTHER storm should be on it's way. More wind. Hopefully the power will stay on again.

Well, it is 11:42 pm. Caroline just woke up. I will feed her, and get her back into her crib for a cozy night's sleep.

Sweet dreams...

1 comment:

Mrs. Merriman said...

I am glad that everything is settling. Go Earl, Go!! He is a fighter. How great would that be for him to come home early, eh?! Wooot! Hope you feel better, soon, Cathy. I have the same cold :P