Sunday, December 24, 2006

Seasons Greetings!

I have been having fun with our kids during the Christmas season. I have enjoyed listening to Christmas music in the vehicle with the kids. They sing outloud together (well not exactly like the Von Trapp kids, but close ;D) especially to Jingle Bells, 12 Days of Christmas and Baby's First Christmas. Those are their absolute favourites! Carly sure has a great singing voice (just like when she was first born!) We end up hitting the repeat button on those songs so we can listen to them OVER and OVER. The do not tire of their favourites. They actually request the songs by number now! Too funny. I am glad I pulled the CD's out after Remembrance Day! We will do that again next year!

I love to sing in the van, and I don't sing very well, but the kids like it when I do that. So does Cliff. Today we danced in between sheet changes and laundry folding in our bedroom together. We blasted the clock radio and danced to Felix Navidad by Boney M!! Anybody who knows me and my sisters knows how much we loved those tunes as kids! Right April and Amy!! Love the upbeat tempo with a message! lol. Right Mom xo

We have been eating too many sweets, and dancing around the house together. There are also times when they get TOOOOOOO crazy and they get TOOOOOOO loud. But, I chalk it up to Christmas excitement. I totally remember back to when I was a kid and couldn't wait for Santa to come! So, I have to forgive them for the craziness. We have 16 days I believe until school is back in session. Hopefully once boxing day hits, life will be a little bit back to normal. What is normal anyways?

I am just really looking forward to spending time with my family! And eating a goodie or two! Especially my Mom's jewel pie and nanaimo bars! Christmas would not be the same without them.

No comments: