Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My FIL

For the last two weeks we have been very worried about my dh's father aka my FIL Dad. He was just diagnosed with Esophogus Cancer. Yes, the dreaded C word. He went in today for a rush surgery that went from 7:30 am to 1:30 pm to remove a large portion of his esophogus and then his stomach was resectioned to form a new tube that was made from his stomach. The cancer also had adhered to his lung, and so a section of his lung was removed as well. They are doing a biopsy of that also. So, whilst we were laying dear Opa to rest, my dear FIL was in sugery. Cliff's heart was in two places. With is dear Dad and with my family and our loss so hard to just get through the day.

FIL is OK for tonight, and my MIL finally got to see him, and we went to the hospital from the memorial today and straight to the hospital to be with Mom (MIL) We will go and visit him in the ICU for a few minutes tomorrow evening sometime. Dad will be in the hospital for 2 weeks until Christmas Eve. And then he must rest at home for 3 months. It was major surgery. We are just glad they got the cancer out, and we are thankful he is in recovery. I know he was in a lot of pain tonight.

I cannot believe that so much has happened in the past week. It has been extremely difficult to just maintain "normal." We are totally worn out and exhausted. Our power was out yet AGAIN for almost 24 hours yesterday and the night before. That is 5x's in the last 2 months. Too much eh!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

wow it sure has been a difficult week for you and your family.
I hope everything will be ok with your FIL.
I am sorry for all the pain. I wish everyone a happy and healthy new year.

Andrea

Mrs. Merriman said...

*hugs*

AmberW said...

I just want to come over there and scoop you up and give you big hugs. I hope things are on the up for you guys now. I will be praying for your family and for your FIL. *Hugs*