Thursday, December 28, 2006

Wheeewwwh

What day is it? What time is it? What a lovely Christmas Eve/Christmas and Boxing Day we had as a family. Busy and Crazy yes. Awesome yes! Glad it is all over?! Yes. I am excited to pack up everything and just get back to normal.

It was lovely to have dinner with my in-laws on Christmas Eve with Dad being home! That was a great gift. Christmas morning we were up bright and early to see if Santa actually made it to our place?! And, yes...he did. (we were the ONLY house with lights on around 6 am) to open our gifts and have a lovely breakfast with the in-laws. Then, we packed up the kids and headed to my parents place for dinner! What a lovely time there! I really enjoyed watching old home movies of our family from back in the early '90's. Oh yes. Some crazy and fun moments forever caught on tape. Boxing day, the family was invited over to my Sister Amy/Tyler's place for an out of this world breakfast brunch! That was lovely and fun too.

It was mostly for me about spending time with my family! I had so much fun with them! At one point I was playing a fake piano with my bum bum LOL. Don't ask right family!!! You all loved the entertainment...I know it.

Now, what day is it? Oh yes. We have been enjoying watching the kids, and playing with the kids and all of their new toys etc. The hardest part of all of this social stuff, is getting the kids back on track!! Wow. We have had 2 REALLLLY difficult nights of trying to get our girls to bed. Took almost 2 hours each night. Tonight, no dollies in bed with them. NO TOYS allowed. Cliff is back to work again.

*Oh, Christmas break,
Oh Christmas break,
you really do a number...

the kids are crazed...and they won't sleep
which really means we don't sleep

Oh Christmas break,
Oh Christmas break
You really do a number...

* sung to the tune of Oh Christmas Tree

Tonight, I don't know what to do for dinner. Need to get out to do grocery shopping etc. Behind in that department. I managed to get 3 loads of laundry done and folded today.

Caroline is teething like crazy, and STILL the teeth are not moving upwards. SOOOOON I hope. It has been rather tiring getting up several times a night to feed and console her.

New Years? Well...I am looking forward to a new year! Bring on 2007!

1 comment:

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Isn't it amazing how fast it all goes...I'm so happy that you had FIL home for the holidays and that he's doing better.

Sounds like your kids got spoiled like hours and we're doing the same thing...trying to get them back on track sleeping wise...but on the good side, they've been sleeping in, so I've been sleeping in LOL (that's til 8 - better than 6 right).