Sunday, December 31, 2006

and a happy new year...

Bye Bye 2006

Hello 2007!

Well, the end of the year 2006 draws to a close.

I am truly thankful for the past year! It was indeed not the kind of year I expected, but we made it through. I will remember 2006 as being a rather tough year. Especially the tail end of 2006.

We made it through 5 power outages, (two that lasted more than 24 hours) the passing of my dear Opa who died days after we celebrated his 90th birthday, the major surgery that my FIL is still recovering from.

We have also had two wonderful things happen, well 3...The birth of our 5th child, Caroline Mae and then the birth of my first Niece Abigail! And, how can we forget the new position Cliff has secured! Only 16 more days until that new chapter begins for Cliff.

I have really enjoyed spending time with my family, and with my friends. I will try to spend more time with my friends this year!!

As for 2007!There is so much to look forward to! House hunting, no more breastfeeding after May! no pregnancy and diaperbags and cribs! Vein surgery to get rid of my varicose veins, teeth whitening again! Possibly moving Catie to a big girl bed, potty training for her, getting Carly registered for Kindergarten! Catie registered for preschool! Me, training for my first 1/2 marathon! There is SOOOO much to look forward too.

I think too much to type down here! Also, trying to get my organizing business started this year! Maybe even a triathalon with my Dad in June! And, this year my parents will celebrate 40 years together in July! We will have a wonderful celebration to attend then! And a wedding...my cousin and his fiance will be getting married in November! And, of course all of those surprises along the way! And, I look forward to planning Caroline's 1st bday party, and celebrating our 9th anniversary in May as well!

I know this will be my year! My lucky number, my 7 wonderful family members and 2007! Yipee!

To all of my family and friends! I wish you all a happy and healthy 2007!

Cathy

7 comments:

Allyson said...

Blessings on your home and all who live therein! So very much to look forward to -- I say, bring it on! We love you all!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Cathy.

AmberW said...

Happy New Year to my Dear friend Cathy! I hope that this is the most wonderful year for you guys - I think it will be:) After all it is the lucky 7 year.

Andrea said...

Happy new year!
I wish you all the best in 2007. Sounds like it will be a great year for you!
I love the business idea...keep me posted on that ok.
Hope to see you sometime ;)
Andrea

Carol Kerfoot said...

Happy New Year! Hope we can spend some time together in 2007. I need your running pep talk! I see big girl beds and pottys in 2007 as well!

cathy said...

Mom: Happy New Year I love you and I hope we have a SUPER year!!

Jasmyne: Happy New Year! I hope is is WONDERFUL with your family!

Amber: Happy New Year to you too (and your family!) I want your year to be super too!! Pain free OK! xo

Andrea: Happy New Year to you too! And, yes...I will keep you posted on my business idea! I am very excited!!

Carol: Happy New Year my bud!! I have given up on running. I am going to power walk instead! I miss you xo

Carol Kerfoot said...

I miss you too! If you go out for a power walk I would love to join you! I need to move slowly back into running or I will get discouraged fast. I am an instant gratification type...and when it hurts to get back at it I give up.

Did I already tell you a hundred times that I LOVE YOUR HAIR!