Tuesday, December 19, 2006

glad when this year will be over

I am welcoming in 2007. Surely life will be better then?! It has been a rough couple of weeks. Emotions flying, anger, sadness and realizations.

This time of year is so busy, and we are so not in the holiday mode. We do have our tree up, and we put up some decorations and bought 6 new ones for the tree. They are lovely. Too bad the kids won't leave them alone. How many days until boxing day?

As for shopping. We went on a mega shopping trip (thanks to Amy, Tyler and Kayla!!!! for giving us that WONDERFUL gift of time!!) we got everything bought for everybody. That felt good. And, it wasn't as bad as we thought. But, when poor old Cliff dropped the keys into my sister's car and we were locked out...that wasn't so funny. We had to call a tow truck to break into Amy's car. Thankfully we were able to get them out. Hopefully Uncle Gil has fixed the broken door opener?! Any word on that. I must call my Sis and ask her. We brought her some flowers to make it all better. Hopefully they worked. Poor Cliff has had a lot on his mind.

As for my FIL, he is still in hospital, with a few less tubes and I hear he is moving out of the ICU today to his own room! Very encouraging. His spirits were high today and tonight, thanks to my parents we are able to go and visit him again. It will be nice to see him and laugh with him again. He is going to phone our house and leave a message for all of the kids today. I know the kids are really reacting to everything that is going on around here. Poor kids. It has been so hard on them. I know they will LOVE his message today. I am excited for them all.

Sorry for the lack of blogging. It has just been extremely busy and tiring around here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cath - that is positive news about Earl. So happy to know he's in good spirits and laughing again. Laughter is the best medicine and I'm sure once he's in his own room he'll feel even better. Please send my love to him and let him know that we are thinking about him and Silvana.
Lots of love, April & Nick

AmberW said...

Cathy you don't ever have to be sorry for not keeping up with your blog especially when you are going through so much right now. I can't wait until this year is over for you too - next year will be amazing.

BTW I posted on my blog but the site where I got that signature done was called Graphic Chicks... here is the link:

http://graphicchicks.proboards80.com/index.cgi

And I explained that Sanya was a resort town on the island that my dad was working in China, I just loved the name and thought it was feminine, beautiful and just perfect for her!!!