Saturday, September 02, 2006

1st Annual Birthday Bash

Well, I would say that the BIG BIRTHDAY BASH was a big success. I think the big ole bouncy basketball castle was a BIG HIT, and I will be sure to rent that again next year.

We had "It's a Monkey's Birthday!" theme. Here is how I broke it down.

We had almost 50 people.
14 kids.
From babies to age 12.

We had brown plates, and bright yellow napkins. We had paper banana's and balloons (several which popped oh well)

We had those banana gummy candies in brown bowls.

We had a Monkey pinyata which was so FUN to watch the kids all swing at it! Lots of candy to go around.

We gave out "Barrel of Monkey's" as a parting gift to say thank you for coming!

Cynthia made the most wonderful and TASTY cake and cupcakes for the party. Her offer of the cake set the theme of the whole party! I ran with it.

We had hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken burgers. Macaroni salad, green salad ala Milestone's straberry and goat cheese salad, topped with nuts. Chips galore. Salsa and chips.

I made rootbeer/vanilla ice cream "punch" had a brown sharpie to write names on yellow cups. That was a hit! We went through about 6 - 2 l bottles and 3 containers of Bryers ice cream. Straws of course to suck them down!

My cousin Andrea made a wonderful banana bread (which I am eating right now lol) and I thank you for that cuz!

Other decorations included: Monkeys (stuffed animals) thanks to April my sis who has THE MOST beautiful belly (and the most swollen feet poor gal) Real banana's in a white dish and a vase of beautiful sunflowers. Can you tell I used a lot of yellow and brown?!

Oh, and Caroline wore her "monkey suit" or really it was a pink outfit with little brown monkey's all over it. Caroline was passed around the party and she was well loved.

Coffee and tea came out at the end of the night! And, lots of water consumed by all of the little monkeys who jumped and jumped and jumped! I even went in! It was very fun.

We also had these cool poppers that popped out sparkly plastic/metallic strings! And, somebody who shall remain nameless stuffed the stuff back in, and popped their eye...safety first!

All in all, I want to thank Cliff for doing all of the BBQ'ing. The dinner was delish, and really there was nothing left over! Which to me is a sign that things were good.

It was lovely to spend the afternoon with everybody. First guests arrived around 2:30, and the last guests left around 9:30. Can't wait to do it again next year.

Thank you to all who came out.

Cathy

3 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

Thanks for putting on such a great party, doll face :D

Allyson said...

For some reason my comments yesterday weren't published or received--I mean really Cathy, you wouldn't block me now would you?-ha ha.

From the beginnings-an offer of baking a monkey cake -- to parting gifts and hugs, a wonderful, wonderful day. Outstanding and fun. So good to meet The Merrimans and Kevin and "K", and all of their collective broods. It was a great, great day. Love you, M&D xxxooo

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful time as well! Thank you to all of you who made the day possible and Cath, your attention to detail (and decorating) was divine! :-) Love you all. Andrea xo