Tuesday, September 19, 2006

choke the chicken!

Well, I had a nice crockpot chicken dinner in the pot at 7:15 am. And what happens next, the power goes out. Not once, but twice. The first time at 7:50 for 2 mins or so. The next time, was at about 8:05 am. (for 2+ hours) When the power went out the second time I put the crockpot in the fridge, and then the laundry, well it could wait...but it was in the spin cycle. I finished spinning out when the power came back on.

We went to school, and school was cancelled due to the power outage. That NEVER happened to me in ANY of my schooling years. But, wouldn't that be great?! And, it happened on a nice sunny day! You should have heard how happy those school kids were when the announcement was made! They were SO happy! So, after the announcement I was working on Plan B.

OK, plan B. Plan B, what is Plan B? Go to my parents place, they have power and everything there is hunkey dorey. So, off we go! Thankfully my parents were home, and I did a little tap dance at the door and said Hello, can we ALL come in on...sorry no notice. Well, actually when I knocked on their door, my Dad was listening to my message. Anyways we really had a nice impromptu and unexpected visit. The kids had a great time. I know my parents did too. Sorry I had to bust up your breakfast plans. Thank you for the love and care for those few hours. It was a blast! When your power is out, you can come on over! OK!

I called the school from my parents place. School was back in session. Power came back on after recess sometime, I got Cameron back at lunch time, signed him in at the office drove back home and off I went to unload 2 sleeping kids...the youngest ones. The olders we had a lunch of sorts. A backwards kind of lunch, as the kids had toast at my parents!

It was a lovely day. My chicken I am choked at, we through it in the garbage. What a waste of a decent chicken...I felt awful throwing it out, but I didn't want to risk getting anybody sick with any sort of salmonella or whatever you get these days?! So along with Plan B I had to create another meal from nothing lol. Which I did! And, it was really good and the kids ate all of it, so yay! Everything worked out.

All 5 kids went down to bed at 7 pm today. Now, did you read that right?! ALL FIVE KIDS!! Our Caroline went to bed EARLY!!!! I kind of expected them to be tired. Our day started at 5:50 am when the kids got up and so did I.

It has been nice to read some old magazine's from my Sis April (who is 36 weeks now!!!)

So, off to catch the tail end of House. It looks like a good episode.

1 comment:

Allyson said...

7:00 o'clock all 5! 7th Heaven! We had a blast today, I am so glad it wasn't a work day for me! xxxooo