Monday, September 18, 2006

Lunch Date

Yes, a lunch date with my husband.

I actually dabbed on my Coco before we left, and I NEVER do that. It was so nice. We went out to Milestone's first for a quick salad, then we headed to a local Starbucks for latte's and then we checked out a new housing development in our area and then walked through an antique store (one of my passions!!!) that I have driven past for the past couple of years. It was a lot of fun, and we got down to a lot of talking about our life, our family and our future as a couple and as a family. It was very good.

I told Cliff that I want to do something to commorate and represent our family of 7 as it will not be growing. Cliff had a several wonderful ideas for me. One, was a professional photo of my self with our 5 kids, and another one that I totally love is to put all of our handprints onto a piece of paper and frame them. I think that is brilliant. Perfect in fact. I fell in love with him all over with that suggestion. He also told me that I matter. And that I deserve the time time work on my self. We chatted about the pros and cons to adding to our family, and basically the only pros would be that we would equal out the number of kids we have. But I love the number 7 (It is my lucky number) and that we think that watching the kids grow would be wonderful. We talked about dates for the big V that Cliff will be doing eventually.

Today, I had an appointment with a vascular surgeon about my varicose veins. I will need to have sugery, but I will stay awake for it with local anesthetic and sedation of some sort. I am fine with that. I am not a candidate for the laser option as my veins need work in two places...so no go with that. After the surgery (6 month wait list), after I stop breastfeeding for 2 months I will go for regular vein injections to finish up the leg. That is going to help my leg so much. I am nervous, but really excited to move on really! I will be able to wear a skirt again and not worry about what others see and how I feel when they see my leg. That will be amazing.

It was a great day. I want to say thanks to my Mom and Dad who came over to watch the kids for us so we could get out on our own. It had been far too long for Cliff and I. The last time we went out was when we took 2 nights and went to a hotel when I was pregnant with Caroline. That was fun too. This was really nice, and fun.

2 comments:

Allyson said...

We are so glad you had a nice lunch. You should do that again some time! Just give us a ring.
xxxooo

AmberW said...

Cathy your guys' lunch date sounds wonderful. That's definitely what Andy and I need. That is great that you are able to get that surgery done as well - all these kids sure have done a number on us hey?! The list goes on of what isn't in the right place anymore for me!! lol