Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday Eve

Well, well, well. It is Sunday evening, and where did the weekend go huh? Really, where did it go? That was the shortest weekend, and really a most frustrating weekend I think. Today I think all 5, yes 5 kids were all moody and crying all at the same time. And, most of them were really tears lol. Cameron kind of laid it on thick, but he was just tired. Why were they all crying? Because we asked them all to put on their shoes and hoodies and go into the backyard to play for a 1/2 hour when I got all of the clean up done, and our bed made because I washed the sheets. I swear it sounded like we were doing some sort of torture treatment to the kids because truly I felt all embarrassed because I wondered what the neighbours were thinking. Truly, it was extremely hectic. Truly, go in the backyard and play...wow. I wish I could lol. Makes me wonder why we have an outdoor space? Why? for the kids of course! There was a bit of drizzle, but all was OK when Caroline went down for a nap, and the other kids and Cliff went into the backyard and did chalk stuff and played together. Then the mood of the house changed. It actually was pleasant again.

The good news is that Caroline has gone down to bed now at 9 pm two days in a row. I do not want to jinx this, but hey! That was really nice. The next best thing to that is going to bed in freshly washed sheets! That is going to be lovely, and hopefully I will not fall asleep on the couch tonight. I want to go to bed in our bed. I want to get all cozy and get some...sleep. Ya, that's it. Sleep. (get your minds out of the gutter people lol) SLEEP...time for bed soon.

The kids were bathed, teeth brushed, clipped nails, hair combed, lunches and snacks made, clothes picked and mailbags are sitting out and ready for the day tomorrow. The 4 of them went to bed at 7 tonight. They sure needed it.

Cliff has the day off tomorrow, as I am going to meet with the vascular surgeon tomorrow, and there is no point in Cliff commuting almost 2 hours back and forth to go in for part of a day. That is totally not worth it. Cliff will be taking on my role tomorrow...I am sure he will do just fine ;D
I coached him on the rundown tomorrow, so that he can get everybody to the right doors etc. The kids will help him too, and I am sure the other Mom's will help him out too.

Cliff and I will get to actually go for lunch together as my Mom will pick up Carly and make lunch for the kids so we can get some 1 on 1 action. That would be much needed 1 on 1 action! (get your minds out of the gutter people lol) I mean communication and conversation sans kids! Very important when you have a family of any size.

Well, off to bed soon.

Good night.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I don't know Cathy...I'm wondering what your mind is up to.. MIchelle

Eve said...

You are definitely a cruel and heartless woman, to make your children GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY!! Gasp! Someone is going to call Child Services, for sure! LOL

Sometimes, I am also very evil, and make my daughter take her shoes off before she goes to bed! Can you IMAGINE the horrible abuse?? I don't know how I live with myself...
;)

Lara said...

One-on-one action -- very crucial to a happy and healthy marriage. Hope you got some... sleep, I mean. ;)

Carol Kerfoot said...

Thanks for the reminder to keep my head above ground. lol

and I wondered what all the crying was about yesterday.....

cathy said...

Sorry, the sound of 5 kids travels...sorry if they ruined your day lol!

I think I have found another use for duct tape lol! Just kidding.