Sunday, November 05, 2006

Chalkboard Wall



We painted the main wall at the top of our stairs with Chalkboard Paint.

We chose black, because we like it! (you can get chalkboard paint in ANY colour at your local Benjamin Moore - 2 tins of paint was under $40.00!)

The kids think it is the greatest, and they spent an hour colouring today to see who could draw the biggest and best hearts! We thought they were all awesome! The best thing is that it wipes off very easy, 4 kids can go at it at one time and they have a blast! I wonder if this will eliminate the need to draw all over the walls?! (probably not!)

(as for the plug and switches...my handy Electrician is going to switch them out with black...we picked that up at Home Depot today!)

6 comments:

Olena said...

I love it! What a great idea. Can I borrow it when time comes? And please let us know if it helps with drawing on the walls, lol.

cathy said...

For sure Olena! Do it! So easy!

I will post if it works to my advantage lol.

Allyson said...

That is awesome. I wish we had that when you were little gals. We had a wall of bulletin boards on 4th Avenue. Do you remember that? That was fun too, but not as safe with the Pins! But it worked nonetheless! You two are so clever! xxxooo

AmberW said...

Oh that is very cool! I might have to do something like that for the girls in their bedroom. How much would they love that?!

Carol Kerfoot said...

Hey what fun! I've thought of trying that somewhere but I wasnt sure where.....Great way to post a message to someone too!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that?! You guys are the funnest parents EVER!