Tuesday, November 14, 2006

not so swell

I bet you have been wondering where I have been?! Well, today I went to a rush doctors appointment to discover I have my first bladder infection, and I have a huge growing cyst in an area of my groin on the right side. I am glad that I went, because this thing came out of nowhere. I had chills and fever last night, and the urge to pee a lot. I started feeling worse after my run last night. And, today I felt OK, and then it started to burn when I was peeing and the chills came back.

I got into my doc today at 4:20. And my doc put me on these huge horse pills 2x's per day to help both problems. It should take 72 hours to start feeling better. My doc said if I didn't go in today I could have been in serious trouble with this cyst tomorrow especially how fast it grew.

It hurts to sit. You know how a hemorrhoid feels, well this feels about the same but in a different area. He said if it got larger it could have been very dangerous for me. So, he told me to rest, take my pills and come back and see him on Thursday, and if I feel worse tomorrow to call him. He said that I cannot run tomorrow. Cliff is taking the day off so I can rest. I hope I start to feel better soon. Anybody who knows me knows I am not a wimp. So, for me to call and go in is serious business. So, I feel bad I cannot run tomorrow with my new clinic group. I am a co-instructor of the 10k, but I have to consider my health first. My doc said that if I do run tomorrow I would probably end up in the hospital on an antibiotic drip. Can't have that.

I find as a Mom, I just keep on going and going. It is very hard for me to let go, rest and let others step in for me. But, it is necessary and I am thankful for Cliff's help tomorrow. I hope this gets better really soon.

I have had one pill, and then for 10 days 2x's per week.

10 comments:

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling so aweful - UTI's are so crummy - I wish they were never invented. Something to try as well are Cranberry pills which you can pick up at the Health Food Store - one pill is the equivalent of 8 glasses of cranberry juice -works wonders.

You have a great hubby there too who's able to stay home while you rest and get better.

Take care of yourself - you'll be back up and around soon.

Andrea said...

Oh no!
that sounds unpleasant. I hope things are ok and you feel better soon!
Andrea

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cathy said...

Thanks everybody...

Anonymous said...

My darling cuz. What terrible news to hear of! UTI's are NOT fun (I too have had in my lifetime...) I know it's against your grain to let people step in for you. Try to let Cliff help where he can. That is great that his job (boss) is forgiving in that way to enable him to take time off. Try to get the rest that you NEED in order to clear these things up and start feeling better. Keep pounding back the water... (and the cranberry juice - or pills as Pam(?) suggested...) I feel for you and if you need anything - give me a call, ok?
Sending hugs and well wishes... Andrea xo

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling crummy. I am glad you went to the dr and I hope you feel like your old self again soon.

p.s. Caroline looked like she enjoyed the cereal.

AmberW said...

Cathy you poor thing. That sounds absolutely awful. You take care of yourself missy... I am worried about you now!! *hugs*

Olena said...

Take a good care of yourself Cathy. Hope you feel better soon.

AmberW said...

Hope those meds are kicking in and you are feeling a ton better Cathy!! Hugs

Carol Kerfoot said...

Oh Cathy what a rip...or should I say bummer....

I hope you are feeling better and can get rid of this pain in the...

Enough jokes...really hope you are feeling a bit better. Has the pills kicked in?