Sunday, January 14, 2007

Jean Shopping

Yesterday, my Mom cashed in on part of her Christmas present from me. (I drew her name in the past Christmas draw) and so we set the date and we met at the mall. Well, we had such a nice time together trying to find "the right" pair of jeans for my Mom!

We did really well. First the GAP, nothing they are closing that location, over to Cotton Ginny...perfect fit...too short. The sales clerk gave us some names of good places to shop too!

Then, we went to Bootlegger...styles too young.

Then, we picked up Cameron a backpack (a cash in on his Christmas gift too) and Mom picked up a pink and black backpack for Claire for her bday next month.

Then, a couple of Baptism cards for Abby.

We decided to try the mall Reitmans, and the sizes were not right.

So, lets try the Reitmans by Wal*Mart...we ask for help. Mom tries on first pair...looks lovely. Just a bit loose. Try on a more casual pair...too snug. And then, a smaller size and BINGO...my Mom has the perfect pair of dark dressy jean with a flat front and long enough to fit right over her shoes! (Stacy and Clinton would approve this purchase!!) So...MISSION completed.

We had such a nice morning together. We were laughing and store clerks kept telling us we are having WAY too much fun! And we were. We ended our shopping journey with a late breakfast at the Spot! And that was lovely too. It has been WAY too long since we could go out together just her and I.

Thank you Mom for such a WONDERFUL day...I hope you post before and afters on your BLOG! xoxo

I love you Mom. You mean the world to me. I hope that one day I can be 1/2 the woman that you are. You are the BEST.

3 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL day :) Glad my tip to try Reitmans worked!!

Allyson said...

I'M BACK EVERYONE! YIPPEE. My BenQ is working again so I can finally respond to this lovely posting!

Cathy you sweetheart, that was so much fun going shopping with you. I thank you for the wonderful time. The fun in finding them-and you made that so easy. Because as anyone out there knows, finding jeans is not the EASIEST thing in the whole world, especially if you haven't bought any for over 6 years! I have had several compliments and of course the credit all goes to you--I wouldn't have known where to start.

As for 1/2 the woman, are you kidding me? It is I that should say that to you. Have I told you lately how very proud I am of you?

As for before and afters, well, if I put a digital camera on my next wish list perhaps then.
xxxooo Mom

PS: Cynthia-thanks for the great tip!

cathy said...

Welcome back Mom!! I have missed you!