Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thursday

Well, it has been a crazy busy week. Cliff is settling into his job very nicely! He is happy and the kids love having him around at breakfast time! That hasn't happened at all in ANY of their lifetimes. So for our family that is BIG time.

As for this snow, it sure is pretty but it can go at anytime. Really, it can. My stroller does not go through this snow!! I am going to buy a brand new Chariot (Sweet Chariot!!) to take Catie and Caroline in! I hope that I can get one this week/weekend! It moves like a DREAM through the snow. That will be so nice! It was a rough go in the double Graco yesterday...yikes. Perfect

Well, I have been getting a good workout too, walking and snow shovelling these days! Gotta like that. I really miss running. I really miss it. I don't want to do that without Cliff tho. So, I am going to walk (boring for me) on the treadmill instead. I am contemplating do the Bob Greene program to get motivated again. Thanks Cynthia for filling me in on the Oprah Show about "Best Life Diet." I want to get the rest of this darn baby weight off. I will get it off, but it is too slow lol. I guess once the nursing stops, it will get easier.

The kids have been LOVING the snow on the other hand!! Lots of snowballs, snowmen and snow forts...and lots of hot cocoa!! I need to buy more...who would have thought.

Not much else to talk about really. Caroline is working on a lot of teeth and has been very cranky. FIL is doing well. He will do 3 - 1 week (1/2 hour treatments 5x's a week) for the next three months. He starts in February. This is preventative chemo for him! That is good news. My wonderful MIL has made a BEAUTIFUL "C" quilt for Caroline...I must take a photo of it! Now our 5 kids each have a very special quilt.

My sister Amy is having a wonderful time away in Thailand with Tyler. She even rode on an elephant! Cannot wait to see the photos and hopefully video footage. I really miss them!

Wow, how our lives are so different. But, lovely to live vicariously through her and her worldly travels with Tyler.

As for me, I feel rather blah, blah blah. Nothing very exciting. I was commenting to Cliff last night that it feels like I am in the movie Groundhog Day with Bill Murray. I live the same life everyday. I have really not a lot to look forward too. Well, I do. But nothing exciting I guess I should say. No trips, outings, goal races etc. lol. I need to do something about that, but not sure what. I told Cliff I need something to look forward to. We are working on something exciting for the future. We will talk more about what that might be tonight. I will let everybody know what that might be lol.

Well, laundry calls. Duty calls!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am excited for you too!

AmberW said...

Cathy I know the feeling! I totally know how the days all meld into one - nothing to really look forward to. I know it. Maybe we could set a goal together for something to look forward to - I AM going to be coming down there on April 24th for a dr's appt. That could be something fun!!!

LauraC said...

I am with you and Amber! Groundhog Day is a great analogy. We have three trips we are planning, but it is all to visit family. No fun fun fun trips. Your post made me think I should look for a road race here in NC. Thanks for the idea!

Laura

Mrs. Merriman said...

What on earth could the 'exciting thing for the future' be???