Saturday, May 20, 2006

What are you going to do now?

I keep getting asked this question because Caroline will be our last baby. I hear the question, and truly I do not know how to answer it. It is weird to have to answer that question. I guess because we have been in baby mode for so very long.

I know this for sure: I will not be going back to work, and my work right now is at home. I have the biggest job to take care of. I will be here for my kids. And so will Cliff. We had them so that I could stay at home and raise them. I don't want anybody else to do that for me! When we made the decision to have kids, we said we would find a way to make it work. And so far we have. I know it hasn't been easy, but really all that matters to us is that we raise 5 wonderful, giving and caring adults to go out into the world and make it a better place! See what I have on my shoulders. I know when Caroline heads off to kindergarten in 5 years, I can do some some sort of job. I do know I will never go back to the corporate world. I will work at a job that I consider part time. But, really I will need to be there in the home during the teen years. I know that is the key to keeping a stable life at home with 5 teens/pre-teens. I will need to be very involved with their activities and friends etc. Thankfully I know all of the kids will tattle on each other, so I am sure I can keep tabs on them all! (That is what I am hoping for anyways)

I am sure I will do something that I love when I am not busy with the family. Something artistic. Maybe I will go back to school and follow my heart? Maybe I will become an artist? A photographer? I have quite a few years to figure that all out. But for now, I will cherish every moment of our kids while they still young. I have heard from other older parents that this time of my life with my young family will become my favourite part of my life. I am sure they will be right. I have a joy filled life!

Cathy