Monday, July 17, 2006

2 Favourite Mom Moments - Today

This morning I had 2 wonderful Mom moments that I want to share.

1. We were all ready to head out the door, but we had the TV on and I was feeding Caroline. I had all 5 of my kids touching me. It was really neat. As I said, Caroline was attached and feeding, Catie, was sitting on my legs near my ankles, and resting her head on the nursing pillow. Carly was at my feet, Cameron was on my left, touching my whole left side, and Claire was leaning into my right side.

At that moment, life couldn't get any better. It was priceless. And I really felt awesome knowing those were all a part of Cliff and I. Our family!

2. Today the kids started at VBS. We got there early (I pride myself on being early and on time even with 5 kids) and I have a system for getting the kids out of our van. I had Cameron out first, then I opened the seat and had Claire and Carly out. Then I asked the older kids to hold onto Catie's hands and walk her towards the door. I said I was coming right behind them, I was just going around to the other side of the van to get Caroline out (she was in her infant seat) and I closed the van door. I caught up to my other kids. And, for that moment I thought. Wow. Look at those well behaved kids helping their sis. It was truly a beautiful sight. And I felt SO PROUD to be their Momma. The sun was shining down on them, and me. And they were all clean and cute. Wow.
A great morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish someone had taken a picture of that Cath. That will be a picture you hold in your head and heart forever. I've got some that I'll never forget either.
xxx

Anonymous said...

I forgot, your early morning experience. Where was Carly? She must have been in the mix somewhere, my little Raphael beauty.
xxx

cathy said...

Oh...Carly was at my feet. I will have to update that! Thanks for noticing lol.

Cathy