Tuesday, July 11, 2006

You had a bad day...you had a bad day

Yes, I had a bad day. Yes, it was a bad, bad day. Nothing went right today, and the kids were acting out, and doing everything they shouldn't. It was one of those days where I am wondering WHY I had kids. Seriously though, I made it through. I was was just very frustrated at ALL of them. Well, not with Caroline. She is a breeze lol.

Today, hmm. I had to take our tent down tent down from in the backyard because they were bringing water containers and rocks into the tent. They brought out every book in the house and put in the pockets of the tent. The kids also coloured all over themselves (and Catie again) and I washed down all 4 older kids and even their feet. They all "painted" their toenails with felts. Hmmm. They dumped a whole bottle of dish soap out on the deck, the ate lots of bananas, took out potatoes, ummmm. What else. Fought, fought some more, screamed, yelled, kicked, punched and SO much crying. It was rediculous really. When Cliff got home, we got the kids to wash down the deck, and got them to clean the sliding door. To clean up SOME of the mess. lol. They had fun doing it, and really it wasn't that bad I guess. But, when you have 5 kids, and only one of yourself...some days are REALLY crazy busy and hard to manage. Today was that day. Most days are pretty darn good. Today. NOT.

I know there was more, but I am blocking parts out.

There were some good moments amongst the bad. I try to always search for the positive on these really bad days.

I watched the kids play CANDYLAND together, and play nicely. Claire used her manners a lot. The kids all had seconds for dinner. Cameron hugged me and kissed me when I was upset. Hmmm. Catie made me laugh, as I chased her to change her diaper. Caroline, well her precious little smile cheered me up. Carly, well she managed to stay in the same clothes ALLLL day. See, not so bad.

Am I glad they are in bed...sleeping soundly. That is a beautiful thing. Peaceful, sleeping Angels. Charging up for tomorrow's adventures. I am sure there will be more adventures!

Going to go rest up for tomorrow!

No comments: