Friday, July 07, 2006

Friday already?!

Well, week one of Summer Vacation flew by. With really not too many problems. It has been really enjoyable most days. Some moments were not so great, but really I have a wonderful life with my awesome husband and my 5 wonderful kids. I have so much to be thankful for. I sure do count my blessings that is for sure.

Cliff is working tomorrow...and I just found out yesterday in the evening. Thanks for the short notice. We had been planning on doing another garage sale. Now we are bumping to Sunday. We have lots of kids stuff, and home stuff that we do not use any more! As you know I love to purge. And make a bit of $$ for fun.

I started working on making the c a r o l i n e letters for the wall yesterday. So far so good. I have been taking pictures to document my experiement. Hopefully all goes well, and I will have made hanging wall letters for her for very cheap. I used playdough for the mold, and plaster of paris for the letters. They are currently drying WAY UP HIGH in our room to keep them away from the kids. I need to glue together the n as it snapped. But so far so good. I will keep you posted. Those letters are about 10 a letter...so I am hopefully saving 80 dollars! Yippee. I would have been easier to buy them, but they have been discontinued...so I would have to buy WAY too many letters! Way too $$! Stay tuned.

We also got Cameron signed up for the EXTREME reading program at the library! He was excited about that.

This morning I have put away laundry, changed a couple of diapers, done breakfast, put away breakfast etc. And I have cleaned all of the windows as those get VERY smudged EVERY day. The kids help do that. I spray, they wipe. Lots of fun. I also made all of the beds today. Usually the kids do theirs, but I thought I could do it today. I also put away all of the small clothing from every dresser in the house. I have one LARGE bag full already.

Yup. Busy busy. 3 kids are out on the deck colouring and the two youngest are napping.

Tonight is bbq burgers and oven fries for dinner! We are all looking forward to that.

4 comments:

Mrs. Merriman said...

Glad you had a good first week, Cath! Wanna come over and help me purge?!?!

cathy said...

I am there Cynthia!!

Michelle said...

hi cathy.
when you come to cynthia's you could always swing by here and i could list it on my ebay store
(link on the blog)loving the blog!!!Michelle
and no i'm not a crazy blonde woman.

cathy said...

Hi Michelle!

Thanks for stopping by, and I am so glad you are enjoying my blog. I think a listing would be great, and I will add you to my blog too!

I am a crazy blonde woman lol!

Cheers!