Tuesday, July 18, 2006

What is Love?

I was feeding Caroline on the couch this morning, and I hear the kids talking on the deck. Carly says I am bleeding. Hmm. She didn't look or sound like she hurt herself, and she didn't come towards me. So I left it until I finished up my feed. I put Caroline down. I go out on the deck. Nobody is bleeding. But "somebody" that would be "not me" "she did it" he did it" (you know my other kids that live here did it lol) they had coloured with red felt on the siding of the house, and somebody wrote M o m m Y on the siding (hhhhm who can write in our family? Cameron) in blue crayon. I talked to the kids about where felts and crayons belong. I seriously have no clue where the colouring supplies came from. Perhaps in the rain gutter? I will have to do another look! Anyways. I gave Claire a wet cloth to remove the felt from the siding and their table. And I gave Cameron the Magic Eraser to clean off the siding. Thankfully everything came clean.

Love is when one of your kids writes Mommy in blue crayon on the siding of your house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busted but loving his momma! That's our boy! :) :) :)

Mrs. Merriman said...

Thank heavens for Magic Erasers! I think they were made especially for moms :D