Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Yesterday...

May I never repeat yesterday again! Today I am thankful for a brand new day.

It was "one of those days" where nothing I did went right. Most of it happened because of the kids! I kid you not! My morning started off OK. We just did not get started off on the right side of the bed. We were almost late on our way to drop off the kids. But we got there on time! THANK goodness. I pride myself on being on time! That is one of the values of our family. And then, this happens quite often. I had to change the 5th poopy diaper JUST before leaving to pick up Claire from Kindergarten. Thankfully that class usually is a bit late in getting out. We got her! We all got home, and somehow I managed to trip on something with Caroline in my arms and baby in my belly. I cracked my right toenail down to the middle of my toe. Yuck. It is a mess. Wouldn't you know I am getting a pedi on the weekend!

Next, kids open up a cabinet and about 2 of my votive holders crash and smash on the tile. I start cleaning that up. Carly had an accident in the bathroom! A toilet is overflowing, there is poop on the clothes, the stool, the floor and everywhere accident. This is when I go? What am I supposed to do now? What should I do first kind of moment. Get the glass cleaned up. Close the bathroom door in the meantime. Get the vac out to get the rest of the glass. Then attack the bathroom. Which I did thankfully without throwing up! Yuck. It was quite the juggling act yesterday.

I then find about a dozen baby carrots strewn about the family room. I also find an opened pink apple sauce in Catie's delicate little hands in the living room. I take that away to only discover there is also pink apple sauce on the carpet in a couple of splotches and on the TV. It is also squished into the on and off button. I cleaned that mess up.

Later on, I find multiples or shall I say dozens of Kleenex pieces strewn about the family room. Apparently it is all the rage to make clothing out of Kleenex because it stays nicely on your clothing! I didn't know that, did you?

All of this took place really in a short couple of hours. I also had a KILLER HEADACHE that would not go away!! Imagine That!!

The day was not all lost, as when we went to get Cameron I saw our nice neighbour Gary (who saved us from the pit bulls a couple of days back) I met his wife, his daughter in law and son. And, a few of his grand kids! That was really nice. I also met two more ladies from our hood: Flo and Barbara! I LOVE our hood! It is like an old fashioned street! Gotta love that.

Anyways, that was a bit about my day yesterday.

3 comments:

Allyson said...

Oh Cathy. Period. Full Stop.

All I can say is, if you didn't blog this kind of a day, you'd never believe what a day "in the life of your family" was like. Kind of like childbirth, these "painful" days pass.

Anonymous said...

Cathy! Tell me about the pit bulls! I'm scared of most dogs but pit bulls are what nightmares are made of.

PamnPat'sParadise said...

Cathy - just breath girl! That's about the only thing you can do. Lock yourself away in the tub when Cliff gets home and turn on a loud fan or radio so you don't have to listen to the sounds of anything making noise.

You guys need to get away for more than a couple of days together...you and Cliff. I know his job is still so new and you have the new house but hopefully those wonderful Grandparents can help out a little and give you a much needed rest.