Friday, October 06, 2006

34

Well, it is the eve of my 35th birthday.

Tomorrow I sit between 30 and 40.

At year 35.

Wow. As I reflect back on the year, it went very fast, and yet it went very slow. I started my 34th year pregnant with Caroline, and celebrated Thanksgiving last year pregnant (and my family didn't know!) and went through many ups and downs throughout the year with my pregnancy with Caroline. May 2nd sweet little Caroline who rocked our world when she arrived! Cliff and I celebrated 8 years of marriage together on May 9th. And now we have 5 wonderful kids. 5 healthy and happy kids to be thankful for. So thankful for.

There must be more stuff that went on during the year, but surely my highlights were mentioned above! To me, nothing matters more than family and friends. And love in my family.

I am happy that I had such a memorable 34th year, and I look forward to my 35th year with anticipation. I am still younger than 2 of my cousins (and I remember ALWAYS wanting to catch up to them!!) and now, we await the birth of my sister April's baby. (Not tomorrow April!!! xo)

Tomorrow, I turn 35, my Dad turns 63 and my little sis Amy turns 32. I love that we can all share our birthdays together. I am happy that our birthday's fall on a Thanksgiving Long Weekend! That is always nice. I cherish the memories we will make this year! I wonder what I will be typing next year when I turn 36?! Only time will tell.

Blessings to you all.

Peace.

10 comments:

PamnPat'sParadise said...

After reading this, I had to go read April's blog and she would be happy with the baby being born tomorrow as well...LOL...what's one more to celebrate with :o)

Happy Birthday Cathy - all the best!

cathy said...

Thank you Pam! And, that baby will be still in there cooking, just like thanksgiving dinner lol!

Mrs. Merriman said...

Happy early birthday, dollface :D

Michelle said...

Well A Happy Birthday to you Cathy..
and just so you know I turn 35 in December .Michelle

Unknown said...

Hi sister! Who is looking fabulous at 35...why you could pass for a 26 year old!

Hope you and Cliff were/are able to get out of the house for awhile to celebrate.
Love you!
xoxo

Carol Kerfoot said...

Happy Birthday!Welcome to the closer to 40 club...its not so bad.
Hope you have a beautiful day!

Olena said...

Happy Birthday Cathy! Wish you all the best!

cathy said...

Thank you all for making my birthday a special one!

Thank you for all of the well wishes!

Allyson said...

Cathy as I write this you are already 35, no longer 34, what is amazing to me is, that it can't be true that my darling daughter is in her mid-30s, that makes your mom, OLD!
Happy birthday dear Cathy,
xxxooo

Jill said...

happy happy birthday - enjoy your new year~