Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sunday Night

Well, It has been another busy weekend, that has now almost drawn to a close.

Friday, I went running with Cliff and my Dad! That was really fun. Then, we had a nacho splurge and tv together. The In-Laws stayed away for the weekend in Richmond (our treat) and so it was nice just to be the seven of us.

Saturday, we headed to Wal*Mart to get some photos for pick up. Picked up a couple of gifts, and then we drove around and then headed into the Fort to pick up a gift and then have a gelato as a treat. Cameron got 4 exceeds expectations on his preliminary report card, and Claire read a lovely poem to us about apples and Carly was really helpful, and Catie, well...she is so darn sweet we had to treat her too. Then, we got water for the water cooler and then we came home and had lunch. Cliff and I enjoyed a quiet evening to ourselves, and fell asleep on couch until 2 am. That sucked lol.

Sunday, that is today. Well. This morning my Mom came over to watch the kids, and Cliff, Dad and I went running. I did another 5k this morning in the rain. My legs felt like lead today...why, I have no idea. Friday's run was SOOOOO much better. After we came home, we did a quick tidy up and we had Cynthia, Mike and Ben over for lunch. Cynthia made some delicious cookies for us to eat for dessert, or asssurt as Claire likes to call it! After they left, we just really had a home day. The In-laws came back from a restful weekend away.

Then, this evening I packed up sandwich stuff, soup, pink baby clothing, and some other things for April, Nick and for Abigail. They had a rather rough couple of nights with Abby. So, I came over with dinner, unloaded their dishwasher, did some laundry, folded some laundry, cleaned up my mess, changed a poopie bum. (the cutest little bum in the world) and chatted and did stuff, and then came home. Fed Caroline (and had a couple of Cynthia cookies and milk) and got on the computer. They are doing just fine! I am so proud of how they are managing. It is not easy with a newborn. It brought me right back to when I first had Cameron in '99. And now, my little boy is almost 8!! Wow.

My little niece is so A D O R A B L E. She is so tiny, and perfect and lovely. I could just eat her up. She is a little baby doll. She just needs to figure out that nights are for sleeping ;D

Next time I am going to hold her a bit longer. She is a little angel. I am so happy for April and Nick.

Tomorrow, back to the grindstone. We are having Crockpot Turkey Chili for dinner. Crockpot is almost ready to go. 6 am comes early.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you Cath. Abby is a lucky girl to have you for an Auntie. And she will treasure her new PINK wardrobe!
Kisses
xoxo

cathy said...

Love you too Ape. Abby is lucky to have such loving and wonderful parents! I am glad she will treasure her pink wardrobe! I am so happy she is here xo

Kisses right back atcha.