Friday, October 27, 2006

Rescue Mission

Today I got to recover a mini Tonka truck from the toilet. This is a minute or two after I say to Claire and Carly. Toys do not belong in the bathroom.

Carly was sitting on the toilet going poo and pee. A minute later Carly comes to me (all upset) and says I dropped the truck into the poo in the toilet. GREAT. I lecture whilst getting a plastic glove to go recover the toy.

Yuck. Nothing more fun than sticking your hands in a glob of poop and pee and toilet paper. Oh, the joys of Motherhood. Ain't it grand.

I got the truck out of the very bottom of the toilet. I drain the truck off in my hands over the toilet. Go get the spray bottle of disenfectant. Spray down the toilet, the the sink and the toy. I multitask and clean off the mirror and the counter and the sink and toilet too. Multitasking is a good thing!

I thanked Carly for telling me the truth. I said you are a big girl Carly. Next time please remember why we do not play with toys in the bathroom.

Now, the toy is air drying after a major clean, the girls (after washing their hands) are doing waterplay in the kitchen sink.

Back to normal for now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh jeesh - what a job you had!
Was it at least (might I joke)... wait for it... a DUMP truck? LOL. I know, sick... xo Andrea

cathy said...

Andrea: Nope just a tow truck lol

That made me laugh xo

AmberW said...

Oh my goodness Cathy!! Hilarious:) We have dropped quite a few things into the pee/poop water of the toilet. All the joys of being a mom... love it! Wouldn't trade it!

Carol Kerfoot said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHA Now that is too too funny.
Glamourous isnt it?

Anonymous said...

lol.no fun at all..Michelle

Allyson said...

It reminds me of the Amy-Mae dropped a small dixie cup down our toilet, but she didn't tell us! So kudos to Carly for telling. We had to call a plumber to snake ours out so I am glad you didn't need to do that. Now let me see Amy, plumber bill, new window to replace the one which the shoe tried to fly through, and a broken cup from my good white dinner set--it's adding up-tee hee! Ah to quote Dean Martin "Memories are made of this". Love all around, Mom xxxooo