Tuesday, October 31, 2006

5:30 is the new 6:30


Yup. We started the day off with a power outage. Yes, another power outage. It went off at 5 am and did not come back on until 8 am. It was dark and cold. Yes, frost was on the lawn today.

I immediately thought of the homeless. I felt so sad for those who are in that cold today, and always. It made me realize how much we take for granted. Thankfully we had blankets, clothing and each other to keep warm. Those power outages remind me we sure have a lot!

The kids were scared of the dark this morning. Cliff stayed home for a few extra hours until the power was back. Then he went to work.

Everything is back to normal except the time change is still not working in our favour. The kids were all up at 5:30...that doesn't include Caroline who was up before them all.

This is a photo of the kids with Daddy on the couch keeping warm. Caroline was snug under our covers in our bed.

4 comments:

AmberW said...

Another power outage! What's up with that? Isn't it amazing what we take for granted. I find myself thinking about that a lot lately when I am down. You all look like you have so much love in that house!! How great:)

AmberW said...

Oh and I wanted to say that the time change business is still rocking our boat. I am NOT impressed.... who thought of this nasty comment - perhaps we could take them on. You and me Cathy - let's get 'em.

Allyson said...

Are they keeping Daddy's head warm? I can't believe your power was out again and on such a cold morning. brrrr xxoo

cathy said...

I am truly tired of power outages.

Yes, they were Mom.